Technical Program Manager
About the role
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Mason is looking for a Technical Program Manager to help us design and ship high quality devices and accessories to our customers across the globe. You will play a key role in all phases of the product development process: definition, prototyping, productization, testing, and mass production. You will also play a key role in growing Mason as a company: managing a team of engineers, implementing formal development processes, evaluating and purchasing lab equipment to extend our capabilities, etc.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Owning and iteratively improving Mason’s internal Product Development process with a focus on accurately predicting and reporting project budgets and timelines. Implementing this process through our Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Managing a team of hardware engineers: establishing expectations, balancing workloads, identifying and resolving the need for additional resources through hiring and outsourcing.
- Managing projects from Research and Development (R&D) to New Product Introduction (NPI) to Mass Production & Sustaining Engineering.
- Working with our Product, Marketing, and Finance teams to identify business opportunities through hardware development.
- Working with the Engineering and Operations teams to evaluate a detailed engineering development and manufacturing strategy (i.e. OEM, ODM, or JDM)
- Maintaining project schedules between Mason customers, internal Mason stakeholders, and manufacturing partners.
- Managing the development and deployment of a Mason wearable smartwatch, the next product on our hardware roadmap.
- And MUCH more!
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience bringing consumer electronics.
- High volume manufacturing (>100k/yr)
- Global distribution and country-specific regulations
- Both domestic and off-shore manufacturing
- Hands-on Hardware and software system project management experience (including PLM systems, Project management SW, Managing manufacturing partner relationships)
- Experience managing in-house and outsourced engineering teams
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
Bonus points for:
- Experience with PLM systems
- PMP certified
- Technical background in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with hardware certifications in the wireless / cellular space (e.g. PTCRB, carrier certifications, FCC, CE and more)
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Why you should join Mason
Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.