About the role
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Mason is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team. As a part of our Hardware team, your objective is to manufacture high-quality devices and accessories. You will be involved in the definition, prototyping, testing, and mass production of our hardware.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity, and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Developing project plans with the hardware team that include product requirements, costs, and schedules
- Leading the electrical engineering work on Mason devices (e.g. phones, tablets) and accessories (e.g. barcode scanners, card readers) through a combination of individual contributions and management of outside vendors
- Designing, building, and evaluating prototype circuits to validate design architectures, power budgets, etc.
- Testing and troubleshooting electronics through the product development cycle, including regulatory compliance (e.g. FCC, CE, UL)
- Practicing good design-for-manufacturability, design-for-assembly, and design-for-testing in EE design
- Working with domestic and off-shore contract manufacturers to produce high quality hardware in mass production
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience in embedded electronics design
- Bachelor’s degree in a specialty field, such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Proficiency with EDA tools (e.g. Altium), including schematic capture and PCB layout
- Hands-on prototyping skills, including soldering and rework of fine-pitch SMT components.
- Experience debugging circuits with standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance testing (e.g. FCC/CE/UL)
- Deep knowledge of digital communication interfaces (USB, SPI, I2C)
- History of success shipping consumer electronics
- Experience with battery management, charging circuits, and low-power design
- Familiarity with design of RF/wireless products
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
- And more!
Why you should join Mason
Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.