Senior Electrical Engineer
About the role
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Mason is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer/System Architect. This is the opportunity of a lifetime as you will be responsible for setting the architectures and implementing the best class of hardware engineering design into all our devices, including but not limited to architecture evaluation, detailed electrical platform design, platform bring up and manufacturing review, and product integrity. This position will be a crucial lever in our company’s growth, working with all cross-functional Masons.
We are looking for an experienced Hardware guru who hits the problems head-on, is capable of identifying issues and solutions quickly, and systematically and enjoys taking ownership.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity, and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Consumer electronics, wearables, medical devices, and more in an industrial usage setting
- Execute Electrical Engineering architecture, technology roadmap, platform selection, design, and validation.
- Plan and lead validation of your designs: lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing.
- Work with all cross-functional teams (software, product design, industrial design, program management, operations, etc.) to deliver a successful product to market.
- Drive the design to mass production by setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up, traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully.
- Managing and hands-on working with multiple component vendors internationally
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5+ years Experience shipping Medium to high volume consumer electronics, medical products.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- 5+ years working as a System Integrator / Electrical Engineer; 8+ years experiences working in the consumer electronics or the medical devices space
- A keen eye for details, quality of designs, and X-functional impacts
- Experience working with lab equipment for hands-on prototyping, design, and power analysis, and CAD tools.
- Drive DFM, new product introductions, and architecture scoping
- Rich knowledge and experiences with international supply chain management
- Experience working with Asian vendors and designers.
- Rich knowledge of RF, Hardware integration, acoustics, and reliability design
- And more!
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Why you should join Mason
Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.