About the role
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Mason is looking for a Firmware Engineer/Architect. This is a great opportunity as you will be driving world-class architecture and device solutions along with other domain architects for all our products. You will also be leading technical conversations of device firmware with our partners such as design consultants, the ODM /JDM community, and the Mason engineering community. Concise and precise technical communication is your strong suit. This position will be a key lever in our company’s growth working with all cross-functional Masons.
Mason is looking for an embedded software expert who is able to have a broad view of platform selection/definition/evaluation, hits the problems head-on, is capable of identifying issues and solutions quickly, and systematically enjoys taking ownership with team spirit. You have demonstrated the ability to deliver a solution to exceed the customer’s needs through your design and have a track record of innovation and experience in selecting materials and components to achieve cost targets. The establishment of specifications and written test plans, including the development of test procedures to verify your designs are integral to the position. You share wits, energy, ingenuity, and diversity (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Consumer electronics, wearables, medical devices in an industrial usage setting
- Define new platform based on Linux architecture, with an understanding of Android Framework
- Drive and manage product diagnostic software, manufacturing testing procedures and scripts
- Create and drive product test use cases and qualification criteria
- Seasoned in working with electrical integration, OS software, Cloud services, operations, and more
- Minimum 5+ years experience in NPI process with JDM and ODM development setting
- Developing best practices of embedded software development, process, and management
What you bring to the table:
- Must have minimum Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of working experiences in embedded software development & system architecture on Linux, ARM architecture, and Android framework
- Hands-on experiences of evaluating features and performance of connectivity, and sensor performances, and more
- Hands-on experiences in test case development
- Experience in coding in C/C++, Java, and Python
- Experience with FreeRTOS, Embedded LinuxA
- Keen eye for detail, not afraid of rolling up sleeves to address problems
- Hands-on experiences with Agile and best software development practices
- Rich knowledge and hands-on experiences with external design house and international partners
- And more!
Bonus points for:
- Partnering with local suppliers to expand to new markets
- Able to communicate technical subjects to a non-technical audience
- Work with and lead international engineering teams and vendors
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Why you should join Mason
Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.