Massdiver is a visual development platform fulfilling the promise of DevOps by empowering software engineers to design secure, and observable infrastructure in their own cloud. We are looking for an engineer to join our Elixir development team to build out core features and guide the future of our platform.
This will be our first hire on this team and will be leading and building this team going forward.
You will own and design our public-facing APIs and services including our package manager, real-time collaboration engine, and a few open-source initiatives.
You'll be free to learn as much as you want about cloud infrastructure and have access to a large pool of credits for designing and learning on the three major clouds.
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- 2+ years in Elixir or Golang or Ruby
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback through mentoring, pair programming sessions, and code reviews
- Professional experience developing large, scalable backend applications
- Professional experience developing applications with real-time communication
- Strong understanding of system architecture and design; with consideration given to security, performance, and scalability
- Owned the technical design of major features or projects and can articulate the reasoning behind trade-offs made in your designs
Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL and Absinthe
- Experience with OpenTelemetry
- Experience running Elixir in a containerized environment
- Planning and execution of core massdriver features
- Building a highly productive team of engineers to rapidly deliver features
- Work cross-functionally with the front-end engineering team
- Follow software development best practices to create maintainable and extensible software solutions
- Work in an agile manner with transparency and fluid communication within the engineering team and across other teams in the company
- Generous equity in an early-stage startup
- Unlimited paid vacation
- 100% covered health, medical, and dental insurance
- 401k w/ 4% matching
- Conference stipend
- Flexibility. Massdriver is a remote-first company and we want our employees to work the way that makes them the most productive.
- Ownership. Our engineers have felt the pain of being prevented from trying new things by the overhead of DevOps. We empower our engineers to solve customer problems and add value.
- Growth. As we build this core team of engineers we are looking for the future leaders of our company that will help guide us as we scale.