Senior/Staff Security Engineer - EMEA (Remote) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking a result-driven and analytical Security Engineer to help grow our security program to meet the needs of the company, product, and Mattermost Cloud. As part of our Security team, you will work closely with a globally distributed team to ensure the safety of our infrastructure and services in collaboration with other internal teams.
- Lead security projects to increase security posture of infrastructure and company
- Detect, respond to, and remediate security incidents
- Development, review, and enforcement of company-wide security policies and processes
- Ownership of company-wide IAM solution
- Deployment and upkeep of monitoring infrastructure
- Setup and maintenance of incident response program and forensics toolkit
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional security experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in security engineering, incident response and/or penetration testing
- Experience with security monitoring systems
- Experience with security controls for cloud environments such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Experience with identity and access management I- n-depth knowledge of Linux systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Experience with certifications processes such as SOC2, ISO 27000 series, FEDRamp, etc.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, ideally Go or Python
- Experience with infrastructure automation and software delivery
- Certifications in the domain of penetration testing, incident response or computer forensics (e.g. OSCP, GCIH, GCFA, etc.)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform
- Experience working in open source communities
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.