Senior Solutions Marketing Manager (PMM) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Solutions Marketing Manager (PMM) to drive revenue growth programs and sales enablement for key industry vertical markets. We are looking for a talented marketer who can conceive and execute go-to-market plans that drive new customer acquisition and account expansion. This PMM will work across Mattermost sales, product, and marketing teams, as well as with key partners, to develop tailored solutions for industry-relevant use cases.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to articulate the value of Mattermost within an industry-specific context to different persona types. The priority markets for this role are Public Sector, Financial Services, Healthcare, and adjacent markets where security, privacy, and compliance are highly valued. You will create messaging and positioning that differentiates Mattermost, and create a portfolio of GTM assets (collateral, presentations, etc.) that helps achieve revenue goals.
- Conceive innovative go-to-market programs that can create significant improvements in sales close rate
- Create positioning, messaging, content assets, and sales enablement tools to be used by Mattermost sales and marketing teams, as well as partner teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, product, marketing, demand generation, and other teams to build aligned GTM programs
- Articulate Mattermost value through clear definition of product use cases relevant to specific personas; continuously improve the Mattermost value proposition for a given vertical market
- Execute, and be accountable for the success of GTM campaigns
- Measure and test campaign effectiveness and continuously optimize GTM plans based on data
- 7-10 years of product marketing experience; ideally for a SaaS company targeting DevOps, SecOps, or IT
- Demonstrated track record of building successful go-to-market programs and sales enablement campaigns
- Direct experience working in Public Sector markets preferred, including federal government and agencies, regional government, defense, intelligence, and defense/intelligence related private organizations
- Deep understanding of technology related security, privacy, and regulatory compliance issues preferred
- Appropriate technical depth to communicate with technical audiences in their language
- Experience working with Financial Services and Healthcare sectors is a plus
- Strong analytical skills: ability to use data to identify opportunities, guide decisions, and measure performance of go-to-market activities
- Ability to build relationships and work successfully across functional teams
- Ability to drive for high impact and get things done. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Exceptional written communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information into clear and concise presentations and plans
- Experience with open source software products is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus; comfortable working for an all-remote company
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.