Customer Success Manager (remote) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an innovative, client-obsessed Customer Success Manager to help customers drive maximum value from their Mattermost investment. Focusing on the enterprise market segment, this role is responsible for building relationships with Mattermost's largest customers in North America and APAC, and ensuring a successful customer journey and great user experience. Working closely with internal stakeholders (Enterprise reps, Customer Engineer, Marketing, R&D), this role will cover AMER/APAC.
Mattermost is a remote-only company so the location can be anywhere in North America.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer internally and own the core relationship with the Enterprise segment in AMER/APAC.
- Develop strategic relationships with Mattermost customers to deliver maximum value for the Customer and Mattermost.
- Understand the organizational structure of our customers, balance curiosity and empathy to identify areas that present a deep strategic partnership in order to help customers leverage the full value of our software.
- Own the customer journey, align on value-driven success factors and metrics to help drive adoption, account stickiness, and usage in their organization.
- Partner with Customer Success Engineering to ensure a smooth onboarding experience that’s aligned with Customer needs and internal processes and clarifies specific integrations, plug-ins and custom integration requests.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product in order to educate customers on the most relevant features or functionality that support their strategic needs, while also being able to synthesize customer feedback in order to represent customer needs with internal stakeholders.
- Renew customer subscriptions in the enterprise segment and achieve the renewal rate objectives.
- Identify and execute on account and contract expansion strategies, working closely with Sales to close net new revenue.
- Track accounts to identify churn or contraction risk, and work actively to improve customer health and retention and escalate as appropriate.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing customer relationships, discovering key goals and steering stakeholders and executives in our client organizations with account success plans.
- Understand Open Source apps and their monetization.
- Strong knowledge of the DevOps market.
- Above-average technical knowledge (Cloud technologies, Enterprise security, SAML, SSO, Mobile apps).
- Deep experience with Salesforce, Outreach, and Looker.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including building, analyzing, and interpreting customer data to influence stakeholder decision-making.
- Ability to work cross-functional, and lead through influence.
- Passion for education and teaching customers how to be successful.
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.