Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote, Europe) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for an engineer with demonstrated experience as a Senior DevOps Engineer and a passion for open source, who excels at infrastructure and automation.
You will help own the release automation for the company products, including building and maintaining pipelines, tools and SDKs. The tools you build will accelerate the productivity of the product teams as well as set the stage for how to integrate with our products to deliver world class ChatOps experiences. In addition, you will help to maintain and build infrastructure to run our internal git instance and other services we use both internally and externally. Everything you build with us will be open source.
We’re looking for someone who can help us build the ideal DevOps setup to make our work super efficient while showing the power of Mattermost products to achieve that efficiency. If that sounds like you, then apply to learn more!
- Create and maintain and develop a common pattern for build pipelines for the projects in the company
- Help to maintain the company’s central Kubernetes clusters and services
- Be responsible for the technical release process of Mattermost products
- Build tooling to accomplish DevOps tasks and improve Mattermost internal processes
- Integrate with Mattermost products to demonstrate the power of ChatOps
- Provide guidance to customers on their upgrade and build pipelines
- Support Mattermost R&D feature teams to help them meet their DevOps needs
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Write thoughtful and high-quality code in Go, Terraform
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 5+ years of previous experience as a DevOps software engineer
- Strong experience with or an ability to quickly become an expert in at least portion of our technology stack: Go, - Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes, CircleCI, GitLab
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Working knowledge of cloud native applications for Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub at scale
- Experience working in open source communities
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.