Senior Manager of Cloud Engineering (Remote) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering to help manage and scale our Cloud development teams. In this role, you’ll work with a distributed team of engineers all across the globe. This is a fully remote/distributed position with the opportunity to have a real impact on the teams you manage, as well as our product offerings.
- Manage a globally distributed team of engineers.
- Scale the team by developing and executing a hiring roadmap.
- Ensure team success by leading our onboarding and performance management processes.
- Develop and implement an on-call program and manage customer escalations.
- Develop project plans to align your team’s work with the company's product strategy and plans.
- Manage software projects for your teams.
- Maintain status, identify and resolve roadblocks, and communicate status both inside and outside your teams.
- Ensure alignment with proper development standards and coding practices.
- Interact with customers as necessary to ensure a great customer experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams and 8+ years of hands-on experience working as a software engineer building SaaS products.
- Experience delivering software in a highly available SaaS environment.
- Experience implementing and maintaining compliance certifications and frameworks, such as SOC2, HIPPA, PCI, FedRamp, etc.
- Experience owning and managing on-call, and dealing with customer escalations. Ability to dive deep when necessary and help the team solve problems and make the right decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow engineers that you’ve managed.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality software based on a defined plan and a proven track record of supporting services with high availability (99.99%+)
- Experience with performance management and defining and delivering on a hiring roadmap.
- Strong experience with build and orchestration tools we use: Jenkins, CircleCI, FastLane, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.