Test Automation Engineer - Cypress (Remote) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help ship Mattermost Playbooks 2.0. Shipping in the Mattermost Suite alongside Channels and Boards, Playbooks enables reliable and repeatable processes for teams using checklists, automation, and retrospectives. As a member of the Playbooks team, you will own our automated, end-to-end testing pipeline, working to minimize the amount of manual effort required of the team each release. You will partner with developers to ensure adequate feature coverage and proper testing methodology. You will focus on removing the impediments the team faces writing tests today by helping parallelize our tests, improving the scaffolding, and communicating best practices to minimize flaky tests (and frustrated developers). And as a member of the QA Guild, you will partner with your peers to help analyze and address the most common sources of bugs, defining and championing processes to improve testing across all of R&D.
- Owning the automated, end-to-end testing pipeline for the Playbooks product.
- Identifying and fixing pain points and bottlenecks faced by developers when writing e2e tests.
- Joining in feature design to anticipate edge cases and more precisely define scope.
- Driving bug bashes with the team to collectively identify, understand and triage issues.
- Expanding developer-driven test coverage both by identifying gaps and authoring additional tests.
- Deep-diving into hard-to-reproduce issues to narrow reproduction steps.
- Driving improvements to overall QA processes to help reduce manual efforts and increase product quality.
- Working remotely, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- Demonstrated confidence owning an automated, end-to-end testing pipeline (ideally using Cypress).
- At ease with a Linux or MacOS terminal and some kind of development environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- An eye for detail and a talent for thinking of blind spots others may have missed.
- Optional: Experience with Detox mobile automated testing for a future product.
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.