Full Stack Developer - Channels Feature Team (Remote, Anywhere) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We’re looking for an engineer with demonstrated experience in full stack software development who excels at React frontend development, has an aptitude for backend—ideally Golang—development, and is interested in learning React Native development. In other words a true polyglot developer. You'll be designing, developing, and delivering critical features for Mattermost’s Channels (aka messaging) application.
- Develop technical specifications based on the product vision for features
- Develop web applications features using React and Typescript
- Develop backend supporting APIs, business logic using Golang
- Persist data using Postgres and MySQL
- Develop mobile front-end features using React Native
- Be an end-to-end owner of features you’re developing
- Follow our engineering best practices, and ensure alignment with our Leadership Principles
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from requirements to completion stage
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve emergent challenges
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 2+ years of previous experience as a developer with a user product development focus
- Strong experience with or an ability to quickly become an expert in Go and React
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with—or an interest in learning—React Native
- Experience working in open source communities
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.