Principal Growth Product Manager (Remote) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an experienced Growth Product Manager who thrives at the intersection of customer journey, analytics, UX design, product management, and product marketing to accelerate product-led growth. As a growth product manager, you will lead product experimentation to drive user growth, enhance user engagement and retention, and accelerate both self-served and sales-served buyer motions. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, and product background – with a drive to optimize product funnels and make products grow.
- Lead the strategy and implementation of growth product initiatives. Includes leading a cross-functional team to align and execute on growth priorities across product, growth marketing, analytics, UX design, and engineering.
- Develop fast-cycle analytics and optimization methodology with a cross-functional team to rapidly and rigorously test hypotheses, analyze data, iterate on findings, and optimize conversions.
- Prioritize ruthlessly, maintaining a laser focus on work that drives improvement on product KPIs.
- Automate the self-served customer journey. Includes optimizing self-serve credit card, reseller, and PO-based transactions via the customer portal for first-time purchase, renewal, and expansion experiences.
- Accelerate sales-serve customers by increasing product-qualified leads, and working with the sales team to convert these leads into qualified opportunities.
- Run an end-to-end insights program for advocate and buyer cycles with rapid qualitative (usability testing, think aloud UX analysis, end-user and buyer interviews) and quantitative (metrics analysis, click map analysis) review, and iteration cycles.
- Communicate growth product initiatives, strategy and output metrics, and updates across all stakeholders and teams with high attention to detail.
- 5+ years of experience in product management; ideally in SaaS and product-led growth environments.
- Demonstrated experience in product-led growth, customer journey, or a bottoms-up sales motion.
- Demonstrated ability to drive business goals such as free-to-paid conversion or user retention.
- Deep expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how users interact with products, identify growth opportunities, and execute on projects to drive growth and engagement.
- Ability to generate deep insights using data analytics and reporting tools.
- Ability to drive for high impact and get things done. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Effective communicator with the ability to converse at both a technical and business level.
- Highly-detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where you are prepared to initiate and thrive in change
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.