Full Stack Engineer - Playbooks Team (Remote) at Mattermost
About the role
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an experienced full stack Software Engineer to join the Playbooks team and help build, improve, and maintain Mattermost Playbooks, one of three products in the Mattermost Suite. We help teams orchestrate people, tools, and data to earn trust with their stakeholders every day.
- Own the end-to-end design, iteration, development, testing, and release of new features and products
- Work seamlessly with product managers and designers to understand, define, and improve product requirements
- Identify, champion, and implement necessary architectural changes
- Ramp up quickly on existing codebases with an eye towards maintenance and improvement
- Provide quality code review feedback to peers and community members
- Stay abreast of relevant, new technologies that might improve team efficiency (or just developer happiness!)
- Refine your expertise in end-to-end testing, not only in authoring new tests but in iterating on our testing infrastructure.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics related field
- 2+ years of full stack software engineering experience
- Expertise developing in at least some of Go, TypeScript, React, Redux
- Passion for communicating clearly, concisely and correctly: whether it's code, documentation, or even just a post in Mattermost
- Confidence working independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Excitement about thinking critically and creatively
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.