Director, Growth Marketing (Remote)
About the role
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We’re looking for a trailblazer to be the Director of Growth Marketing for Mattermost. In this role, you will lead the end-to-end management of all Growth marketing initiatives, with a primary focus on generating top-and-middle funnel growth (Leads, MQLs, PQLs SALs, SQLs) for a high-growth B2B technology company that is executing a bottom’s up, product-led growth motion, targeting a developer audience.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, this individual will lead Growth marketing campaigns from go-to-market planning and strategy to execution to reporting/analysis and iteration.The ideal candidate is equal parts “left and right brain” and is comfortable contributing to broader marketing efforts as both a guide that utilizes channel insights to steer strategy, as well as a capable executor that can take strategic business inputs and craft impactful Growth marketing activations with a high degree of autonomy. This role is a people manager with a player/coach mindset, begins with one direct report, and will build the Growth Marketing team out as the business scales.
- Conceptualizing, planning, executing, and optimizing audience targeting, creative/media, and budget allocation to maximize audience acquisition and product install.
- Partner closely with product management to build and orchestrate the in-product funnel and orchestrate behaviorally triggered marketing automation programs to continuously improve free : paid conversion rates.
- Owning Mattermost.com performance with a focus on both organic (SEO) and paid traffic growth, engagement/click activity, and conversion through the funnel.
- Managing the Growth marketing budget and optimizing the Channel and Offer mix for key metrics including audience reach, engagement, lead generation, and spend.
- Executing A/B tests of key marketing materials and campaigns to drive ongoing campaign optimization through Growth channels, including SEM/PPC, Email, Paid Social, and Affiliate.
- Measuring, synthesizing, and presenting key findings from owned, earned and paid Growth channels to help inform short and long-term efforts to drive the business forward.
- Forecasting and reporting on through-the-funnel results of all Growth marketing activities.
- Direct the Mattermost engagement marketing program inclusive of audience segmentation, campaign planning and management, and performance.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing Operations and Analytics to build reporting and analytics solutions and deliver Growth marketing performance insights to stakeholders.
- 10 years experience with a minimum of 5 years experience in a people management role. Candidates with previous B2B technology SaaS experience and experience marketing to a developer community are strongly preferred.
- Experience managing both organic and paid marketing channels in concert to drive results in a Product-Led Growth funnel.
- Experience managing media buying and bidding in-house with six-figure monthly budgets.
- Exceedingly collaborative but resourceful - comfortable leading efforts while coordinating with other members, while maintaining an “owner” mentality and driving projects to completion.
- Proactive and creative problem-solver with the ability to identify problems and solve them independently.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute.
- Exceptional EQ, communication skills, and ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships up, down, and across the organization.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats, and ability to deliver high-quality results in a rapidly-evolving environment.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Why you should join Mattermost
Mattermost is an open source, remote-first enterprise software company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with engineering teams around the world. Our first product is an open source Slack-alternative for high trust DevOps teams who need to execute modern DevOps workflows while meeting stringent regulatory requirements.