We’re looking for an experienced Medical Director to work closely with our founders and help us build a world-class medical weight loss product. Specifically, we’re looking for someone to help create the underlying systems and processes of our telehealth initiative, oversee our provider network, enforce care standards, measure efficacy and success rates, and investigate state-specific compliance issues.
Ideal candidates will be experienced telehealth operators with a clinical/medical background.
⚡ What you'll do
- Build and maintain clinical operations systems and guides for our synchronous and asynchronous telehealth products
- Work with our operations and product teams to optimize flow and maximize care quality and delivery time
- Work with our legal team to ensure we are always compliant in every state we operate in
- Recruit, onboard and manage our provider network of MDs, PAs and NPs
- Research third party vendors and spearhead partnerships
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
🎯 What we're looking for
- 4+ years experience of relevant telehealth experience. We are looking for someone who has worked at a digital health startup and can bring with them knowledge and experience having gone through the motions.
- Licensed, board-certified physician with some clinical experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience recruiting, hiring and training teams is strongly preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and systems design skills — you should feel in your element thinking about how to organize organizations and teams to run them efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task efficiently. You’ll be wearing many hats, and as such need to be great at rapidly switching contexts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
👤 Who you are
- Team player with a passion for learning
- You are energized by ambiguity, fast-paced environments and being the underdog
- Desire to help people live happier and healthier lives
- Desire to build a truly great and lasting company
📐 Why Measured?
- Huge opportunity. Nearly half of all Americans are obese today and the numbers are only getting worse year after year. Consumers are spending a lot of money on this already for subpar products that don't work well. We have the ability to help a lot of people.
- Challenging problems. We're in the business of changing human behavior, which is both fascinating and difficult. If you're into hacking complex systems or your own health, or have an interest in human psychology, you're going to love working on our product.
- A great team. Our team is scrappy and experienced in building great products (Twice, UserTesting) and growing massive brands (BarkBox, Everlane). Everyone on our team comes from a social science background and we try to take a scientific, data-driven approach whenever possible.
- Culture. Having worked at high growth, early stage startups in the past, our team understands the value of work-life balance. We take weekends off, go on vacations, and have quarterly team retreats.
- Resources and growth. We're well capitalized with seed funding and are backed by Y Combinator and other top tier investors (we're announcing publicly in a couple of months but can share details when we chat). We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join us - you'll learn a lot, build cool products, and grow as our company scales!
🙌 What we offer
- Competitive cash compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage + 401(k)
- Opportunity as an early hire to take on significant responsibility and ownership in building a product that can change millions of lives
🌎 Where you'll work
This position is based in New York, however we will consider talented and qualified applicants from across the US.
Measured is a modern weight loss company that's on a mission to end obesity in America. We believe that every person has the right to live a healthier and happier life, and that technology can help us get there. There are many weight loss companies that have been around for decades and speak to a different generation. We're positioning ourselves to be the go-to solution for the next 20+ years.
Our solution takes an evidence-based approach to weight loss that is medically supervised and combines:
- Personalized behavior change program administered via software. Our proprietary platform provides user with healthy recipes, customizable meal plans, educational courses, weekly goals and a number of tracking tools.
- 1:1 and group coaching sessions by Registered Dietitians.
- FDA-approved medication administered by licensed physicians via telehealth (if needed).
We're well funded and backed by Y Combinator and several other top-tier investors. We've got plenty of runway and are laser focused on building the absolute best product to help people effectively lose weight and keep it off.
We're looking for teammates who are interested in being early players and helping shape company culture. We care deeply about a culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. If you do not fit this exact description but feel strongly about us and this role, please reach out regardless.
Read more about us here: https://measured.notion.site/Work-at-Measured-52382d2def974521a72a8c9e6a303eb6