Founding Software Engineer at Measured
About the role
Measured provides customers with a personalized, keto-based nutrition plan, expert guidance and a supportive community. We're growing rapidly and have thousands of customers across the US who are already seeing results with our product. We're well funded and backed by Y Combinator and several other top-tier investors. We've got years of runway and are laser focused on building the absolute best product to help people effectively lose weight and keep it off.
Our team currently consists of Monji (CEO), Frankie (President), Jurvis (Eng) and Julie (CX). We're looking for founding members who can not only help us shape our product but also shape the company itself. We care deeply about a culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. Even if you do not fit this exact description, if you feel strongly about us and about this role, please reach out!
⚡ What you'll do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our mobile application
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Work closely with our Monji and Jurvis, contributing strategically and playing a key role in the product development process
🎯 What we're looking for
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer or similar engineering role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Comp Sci or related discipline preferred (but not required)
- Excellent problem-solving skills to address dynamic, complex problems early
- Preferred experience with some of the following: shipping React Native for Android, React, Context API, custom hooks, Tailwind, Apollo, Auth0, CI/CD, Expo bare workflow/EAS, frontend web UI framework, experience with implementing design systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
🤗 Who you are
- Team player with a passion for learning
- You are energized by ambiguity
- Desire to help people live healthier lives
- Desire to build a truly great and lasting company
🙌 What we offer
- Competitive cash compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage
- WFH stipend — pick up a desk/chair/monitor/whatever-you-need
- Monthly gym/wellness stipend
- Opportunity as one of our first engineering hires to take on significant responsibility and ownership in building a product that can change the lives of thousands
🌎 Where you'll work
This is a remote-first position. We have hubs in LA and NYC where we'll organize retreats from time to time, but you'll get to work from any location you prefer.
Why you should join Measured
Measured is a modern weight loss company that's on a mission to end obesity in America. We believe every single person deserves to live a long, healthy and happy life, and that healthy eating and proper nutrition is a critical component of that. There are many weight loss companies that have been around for decades and speak to a different generation. We're positioning ourselves to be the go-to solution for the next 20+ years.
Huge opportunity. Nearly half of all Americans are obese today and the numbers are only getting worse year after year. Consumers are spending a lot of money on this already for subpar products that don't work well. We have the ability to help a lot of people profitably.
Challenging problems. We're in the business of changing human behavior, which is both fascinating and difficult. If you're into hacking complex systems or your own health, or have an interest in human psychology, you're going to love working on our product.
A great team. Our team is scrappy and experienced in building great products (Twice, UserTesting) and growing massive brands (BarkBox, Everlane). Everyone on our team comes from a social science educational background and we try to take a scientific, data-driven approach whenever possible.
Culture. Having worked at high growth, early stage startups in the past, our team understands the value of work-life balance. We take weekends off, go on vacations, and have quarterly team retreats.
Resources and growth. We're well capitalized with seed funding and are backed by Y Combinator and other top tier investors (we're announcing publicly in a couple of months but can share details when we chat). We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join us - you'll learn a lot, build cool products, and grow as our company scales!