Senior Software Engineer
About the role
Welcome! - Rui, Nick, & Purya
We're building the OS for pharmacies of the future.
As selling drugs becomes automated & less profitable while healthcare costs skyrocket, we believe that pharmacies will transform from stores selling drugs to community health hubs — where anyone can get accessible, quality, and proactive care. And we want to be the technology backbone to accelerate this transformation.
Our web-based platform has already been used by 1.3M+ patients coast-to-coast, and we serve 1400+ pharmacies of all sizes. COVID-19 has sped-up legislations and created immediate demand for our platform, and we are currently helping people get their COVID-19 vaccine — safely and accessibly.
As a team of pharmacists, product designers, & health systems experts, our mission is to create the first, all-in-one cloud-based platform that empowers pharmacists to deliver clinical services***** at scale. If you're passionate about creating impact, building inclusive products that users love, and working with a mission-driven team, let's talk!
*These are services like giving vaccines (flu/covid), prescribing medications, point-of-care testing, and managing chronic diseases. Read more about pharmacists scope of practice here!
💊Why Join MedMe?
We are a small and mighty multi-disciplinary team with past lives in data science, policy/social innovation, finance, consulting, kinesiology, and aerodesign. Fundamentally, we are all passionate about transforming healthcare by leveraging the untapped potential of pharmacists.
More than anything, we look for humble individuals with a boundless appetite for learning, knack for empathy, and tenacious work ethic.
Mentorship and iterative growth are vital to us and we have a constant rotation of students across all disciplines (PharmD/MBA/Eng).
Every feature we ship directly supports the fight against COVID-19 — this is a defining opportunity to positively impact millions of people.
💾 Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Who we're looking for: You've spent 5+ years building enterprise-level software and want to own the architecture and shape the direction of a product from the ground-up
🍚 Current Stack*
- React Frontend, Java & Graphql Backend
- PostgresSQL Database, AWS amplify Architecture
*v2 Refactor considerations (April 2021): React, Node (containers), serverless, microservices —> Senior Eng hire will lead this decision alongside our VP Engineering
🔑 Key Responsibilities
- Work directly with VP Eng to redesign and refactor our software from the ground-up using modern stacks — make crucial decisions re: serverless, containerization, microservices
- Architect, build, and deploy features end to end while adhering to healthcare industry compliance and enterprise-level reliability standards — we ship weekly.
- Streamline our agile software development pipeline & practices — design & implement a testing suite
- Mentor & collaborate with a team of highly motivated engineers who are passionate about continuous technical growth — communication is key
- Lead design and architecture of API integration with digital health platforms (FHR, HL7)
- Balance urgent COVID19-driven feature requirements with platform reliability & security
👀 MedMe may be a good fit if you...
- Care about the end user & greater impact of your work
- Communicate effectively, enjoy collaboration, & care about feedback — internally & externally
- Have experience +/- passion for healthcare — where security & reliability is #1 priority
- Have a sizeable appetite for growth, tenacious work ethic, and remain resilient under pressure
- Are entrepreneurial + have a high tolerance for ambiguity
Why you should join MedMe Health
Hi! We're MedMe Health; we help pharmacies move beyond selling drugs.
Our web-based patient care platform allows pharmacists for the first time to schedule, conduct, and document both virtual and on-site clinical services amidst a fast changing pharmacy industry. We're building the operating system for the pharmacies of the future, as they shift from drug stores to community health hubs.