Growth Operations at MergeQueue
About the role
About the company
MergeQueue (YC S21) builds tools to automate necessary-but-mundane engineering workflows for customers like Bosch, Slack and Square. With MergeQueue’s productivity-oriented tools, engineers save up to 10 hours a week on their code-submission processes, testing processes and many other tasks. We’re a well funded company, with significant enterprise revenue and notable Silicon Valley investors like Elad Gil, Lenny Rachitsky and others.
About the role
The two co-founders are both ex-Googlers and we’re now looking to hire a Growth Operations teammate to join our team.
Things you’ll help with:
- Develop product messaging that differentiates us from others in the market.
- Effectively communicate the value of new products and services to prospective customers.
- Assist on sales calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Develop and implement promotional activities such as promotions and product launches.
- Use market research data to help determine product pricing.
- Create product content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts.
- Create content that improves SEO.
- Develop and implement ideas for engaging the software-developer community.
- Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Lead cold email campaigns.
- Experiment with new growth channels.
- Identify partnership opportunities and help manage strategic partner relationships.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to learn some technical concepts (don’t worry, we’ll guide you).
- Good design skills is a plus.
Other points to note
- Open to applicants from any location (we’re remote first), but available during Pacific Time work hours.
- Education background largely irrelevant as long as you’re able to communicate and learn effectively.
- Show us evidence of exceptional organizational skills, time-management skills, quick learning and problem-solving skills - these are the main qualities we’re looking for in this role.
- You’ll have to learn some technical concepts about our product to be effective in this role, so show us any evidence of learning new technical concepts if possible.
- Over time, a successful candidate in this role will grow into the Head of growth/ops/marketing.
What we offer in return
- A competitive salary and full benefits (health, dental, vision).
- Unlimited vacation policy (we encourage a minimum of 2 weeks every year to make sure you actually take vacation).
- A learning-oriented culture: we’ll sponsor books, tools, and other job-related learning that you’re interested in.
- An opportunity to grow the company and culture from its early days.
- Don’t see something you were looking for/ need? Let us know!
Why you should join MergeQueue
We build engineering productivity supertools that automate necessary-but-mundane developer workflows for customers like Bosch, Slack and Pendo. With MergeQueue’s productivity-oriented tools, engineers save up to 10 hours a week on their code-submission processes, testing processes and many other tasks.
We’re a well funded company, with significant enterprise revenue and notable Silicon Valley investors like Elad Gil, Lenny Rachitsky and others.
The two founders are both ex-Googlers with backgrounds building engineering teams at several fast-growing silicon valley startups.