Founding engineer at MergeQueue
About the role
One of the largest trends that has happened in the last few decades is how people work. Although in software world remote work has been done for several years, never has the tooling been built from ground up for software engineers. We are building the engineering productivity supertools for the new world.
We as both engineers and founders strongly believe in the concept of 10x engineers. Moreover, we believe if given enough capabilities and focus, these superpowers can be attained by most engineers. Unlike managers, engineers can significantly improve performance by finding focus, removing distractions and more importantly automating mundane tasks. These are our core principles that we operate with everyday.
We are an early stage YC-backed startup building developer tools for high growth companies. The founders are ex-Googlers with background building engineering teams at several fast-growing silicon valley startups.
Our customers include high growth companies such as Slack, Fast Checkout, Cruise, Square, etc.
About the role
We are looking for a founding engineer to join our team to build the initial product alongside the founders. The founding engineer is an extension to us, the founders, and have the same voice on the table. We think of the founding engineer having the ethos of being a founder themselves.
An ideal founding engineer has a unique mix of software expertise, domain knowledge, and execution driven mindset.
What you will do
- Work closely with the users to understand their development needs and use cases to guide our roadmap. Ensure customer needs are supported by broader engineering team through effective prioritization.
- Build prototypes all the way to final products. Solve complex issues for our users.
- Collaborate with our founders to gather requirements through detailed technical discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Explore new product development areas driven by strategic understanding of users landscape.
- Take ownership and drive initiatives for segments within the product.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Shipped full-stack products before - whether it was in your day job or projects outside of work.
- Experience working in low-structure environment, comfortable working with unknowns.
- Passion for building engineering tools, excited about solving problems for engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience building internal engineering tools a plus.
Why you should join us
- Have an impact from day 1. You will be working very closely with the founders "everyday".
- Solve your own problems, as a software engineer, you get to solve problems that you face everyday
- Own the product - drive the product vision, participate in building the early team and work closely with the users.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Remote work setup - work from anywhere
Why you should join MergeQueue
We build engineering productivity supertools that automate necessary-but-mundane developer workflows for customers like Bosch, Slack and Pendo. With MergeQueue’s productivity-oriented tools, engineers save up to 10 hours a week on their code-submission processes, testing processes and many other tasks.
We’re a well funded company, with significant enterprise revenue and notable Silicon Valley investors like Elad Gil, Lenny Rachitsky and others.
The two founders are both ex-Googlers with backgrounds building engineering teams at several fast-growing silicon valley startups.