Talent Sourcer at Meru Health
About the role
Meru Health (name inspired by the documentary Meru) is looking for a dynamic and inclusive Talent Sourcer to join our General Recruitment team. The General Recruitment Team works directly with the founders and other hiring managers. This role will be approximately 70% sourcing + managing prospect & candidate correspondence. 30% management of coordination and ad hoc projects. You’ll gain exposure to all facets of full-cycle recruitment and the inner workings of building a company from the ground up. You will develop knowledge of the booming mental healthcare industry and establish a broad network of top tier industry professionals across different disciplines. If you are a genuinely good human being interested in joining a great team with a critical mission that’s already making a massive impact, please keep reading!
Top Reasons WHY you want to work with Meru Health as our FIRST Talent Sourcer:
- Ownership. The General Recruitment Team is one of the most essential parts of Meru Health. You would be our 1st Talent Sourcer and 2nd hire to the General Recruitment Team — a critical part in helping us continue to build the General Recruitment foundation.
- Impact. You will be a critical part of our DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging) initiatives and will spearhead our effort to build a diverse team
- Coaching. You will receive weekly coaching during your first 6 months to support your personal and professional development goals.
- Growth Opportunities & Startup Experience. We are scaling extremely fast and our current stage of development is far beyond where our competitors’ were at the stage we’re currently in. There’s unlimited growth opportunities to ideate, create and implement.
- Trust / Flexibility / Fully Remote. This job is fully remote. We operate with an approach inclusive of trust and transparency. This means you have a ton of autonomy and opportunities to work collaboratively.
- Paid Time Off (PTO). You will have 4 weeks of PTO your first year and 5 weeks after that + 13 paid holidays
- Multicultural and International Team. Surround yourself with a global team who’s passionate about DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, & Belonging) and cares most about the wellbeing of people and the world. We do our best to practice and keep each other accountable when it comes to diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence while knowing we are all a work in progress.
- We are Revolutionizing Mental Healthcare. Join a team that is changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive. We work with Stanford, Harvard, UC Davis and other top universities as well as insurance companies like Cigna & Humana
We are looking for someone who's truly passionate about sourcing the best new team members and building a diverse team so people receive the highest quality care.
Your responsibilities will be the following:
- Sourcing: identifying and connecting with top prospects for roles across all departments via targeted sourcing (ie. LinkedIn & Gem email sequence outreach)
- Managing ongoing Correspondence: from active outreach to adding candidates to our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and keeping correspondence logged there — we use Greenhouse.
- Managing Coordination & Scheduling : helping us maintain candidate communications and coordinating interviews throughout the multi-stage interview process.
- Marketing: writing effective and high-trafficked blurbs for social media platforms and identifying the appropriate job boards for specific roles
- Strategic & High Impact Thinking: innovating creative sourcing strategies and outreach material where you are reaching out to 1000+ leads weekly
- Communicating: managing verbal and written correspondence with 500+ people weekly
- Connecting: genuinely connecting with candidates and all other prospective leads for all of our open roles
- Educating: your approach to selling is one of education; you enjoy educating people to help them understand WHY and HOW they’d benefit from an opportunity so they can make the best informed decision
- Being a Team Player: you think and make decisions based on what’s best for the team
- Being Solutions Oriented: you like the rush of being challenged with an issue and taking the initiative to troubleshoot and solve
- Having an Engineering Mind: you enjoy data analytics and are very much metrics driven
What you will need to be successful as our FIRST Talent Sourcer:
Passion for making mental healthcare more accessible, holistic, and inclusive
Compassion, kindness, inclusion, transparency, teamwork and honesty
Humility with a competitive spirit and growth mindset
Drive: you have a desire to continuously learn and grow both personally and professionally
Ownership: you see a need and take initiative (ask for forgiveness, not permission)
Integrity: your actions reflect your values regardless of whether there’s an audience
The ability to be comfortable in the midst of constant uncertainty, change and potential discomfort: working in an environment that is constantly changing excites you
A willingness to risk failing in order to succeed
Recruitment Sourcing/Coordinating: experience with high volume sourcing, scheduling, and pipeline management.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn sourcing
- Experience working on an in-house recruiting team is preferred
- Familiarity with Greenhouse and/or Gem Recruiting are a big plus
- Experience sourcing in the mental health field is a big plus
- Sourcing for senior roles in the SF Bay Area and/or the Denver, CO area is nice to have
- $50K-$70K DOE + stock options
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO the first year and 5 weeks of PTO thereafter + 13 paid US holidays
- Full internet & mobile phone expense reimbursement
- $400 Wellness stipend
- $250 Home Office stipend
- Full access to our 12 week Meru Health digital mental health program for yourself + 2 family members or friends (renews annually)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- A multi-cultural, multi-national, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers (in COVID19 safe outdoor environments for the time being, of course!)
- Much more coming very soon!
More About Meru:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental health care to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
From an organizational perspective, Meru is a flat and non-hierarchical company with Scandinavian/Nordic roots and with a high degree of independence and trust. This means that we look for people to join the company who are highly self-driven and act like entrepreneurs. This also means we expect a lot and also give a lot of freedom and room for creativity.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Why you should join Meru Health
Meru Health was founded in 2016 with a big vision to help and empower people living with mental health challenges. We are diverse team of scientists, engineers, clinicians and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make depression, anxiety and burnout treatment accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to do everything in our power to help people who suffer.
JOIN A MISSION TO HELP MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD WHILE REDESIGNING HOW HEALTHCARE IS DELIVERED!