Strategic Operations Manager at Meru Health
About the role
As our Strategic Operations Manager , you are truly passionate about our mission and looking for really complex challenges that can help a massive amount of people. As the Strategic Operations Manager you, alongside with your team, will be responsible for diagnosing areas of improvement across all teams, developing long term capabilities, tracking progress, leading strategic initiatives and providing strategic insight to leadership to drive effectiveness. We have 10x our team size in the past 6 months and only expect to continue as we move towards the end 2021.
Top Reasons WHY you want to join Meru Health as our (Strategic Operations Manager :
- Culture : Surround yourself with a team of individuals who care most about the wellbeing of each other and the world — embodying diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion, and high emotional intelligence
- Mission : Join a team that is changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms, but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive
- Impact : Our treatment results are better than the current standard of care while our therapists can treat 6-8x more people than in "traditional" F2F telehealth settings
- Growth : We have seen unprecedented demand over the last 18 months. Our patient volumes have grown 20x while we scaled our team from 30 → 150+
- Ownership : Work closely with our Founder & COO + the senior leadership team to help us improve & scale our operations sustainably from 100 to 1000+ team members
- Flexibility : 4 to 5 weeks PTO + flexible working schedule
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Diagnose: areas of improvement across all teams
- Resolve: design and deliver solutions to drive targeted improvement against company priorities
- Develop: build/strengthen critical capabilities to drive and sustain long term organizational effectiveness
- Track: Measure and track progress regularly
- Explore , evaluate and execute on new opportunities and key strategic projects (for example, entering a new market segment)
- Lead strategic cross-functional projects
- Provide strategic insights to leadership in order to inform the strategic direction of the company: conduct market research (including interviews), drive competitive analyses, and pre-digest information prior to sharing with executives
- Document , and improve processes and and tools across various teams as needed
What you will need to be successful as our Strategic Operations Manager:
- Alignment with our values
- Willingness to lean into discomfort when dealing with ambiguity
- Exceptional organizational , prioritization and strategic thinking skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Agility : the ability to manage and execute on multiple projects with competing priorities and tight timelines
- Bias for action. You are able to get things done on your own while helping the people around you to excel
- Strategic and persuasive communication skills (verbal, written, visuals, story telling) to keep our internal and external stakeholders informed while influencing constant process change.
- Healthcare industry experience is a big plus
- Competitive market rate + stock options
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 4 weeks PTO the first year → 5 weeks PTO thereafter + 13 paid US holidays
- Internet expense reimbursement
- $400 Wellness stipend
- $250 Home Office stipend
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our new Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers (in COVID19 safe outdoor environments for the time being, of course!)
- Much more coming very soon!
More About Meru Health:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need. We are making mental healthcare accessible, effective, and truly outcome-driven.
We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental health care to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
At a high level, Meru Health is an online provider with licensed clinicians, a digital solution and a wearable device for our participants. Our solution is a comprehensive tool for participants to heal burnout, depression, and anxiety. Our 12-week mobile treatment program includes mindfulness and CBT practices, HRV Biofeedback, sleep medicine, nutritional psychiatry, and daily remote therapist support on weekdays. We've proven the efficacy of our approach in 5 peer-reviewed studies and we have two additional papers in peer-review.
From an organizational perspective, Meru is a flat and non-hierarchical company with Scandinavian/Nordic roots and with a high degree of independence and trust. This means that we look for people to join the company who are highly self-driven and act like entrepreneurs. This also means we expect a lot and also give a lot of freedom and room for creativity.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Watch this brief 1-minute animation to learn more about how our program works.
Get to know us and our culture.
Check out the science and research behind what we do.
Why you should join Meru Health
Meru Health was founded in 2016 with a big vision to help and empower people living with mental health challenges. We are diverse team of scientists, engineers, clinicians and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make depression, anxiety and burnout treatment accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to do everything in our power to help people who suffer.
JOIN A MISSION TO HELP MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD WHILE REDESIGNING HOW HEALTHCARE IS DELIVERED!