About the role
Middesk's mission is to enable every business to access the products and services they need to grow and thrive. We believe that if we can make it easy for a business to access financial products, hire new employees, and transact with other businesses, that we increase the odds of success for that business to contribute to its community and the broader economy.
Our Identity provides accurate, complete information that financial services companies need to make efficient onboarding decisions. Our Agent product makes it easy for employers to file with the state and federal agencies needed to establish their business across the country. Our customers include Affirm, Brex, Plaid, Mercury, Divvy, Rippling, Gusto, and others.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk has raised more than $20M from Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
- We've recently launched a new product, Agent. The purpose of the product is to make it easy for any business to manage its relationships with federal, state, and local governments.
- As the first member of the go-to-market team for our Agent product, you will be responsible for developing and driving go-to-market strategy and execution. We expect you to own the tactical execution of the GTM strategy and to be responsible for identifying product, sales, partnership, and marketing opportunities that will allow us to further accelerate the growth of this new, strategic, line of business. The role will touch and influence Product, Marketing, Partnerships, Account Management and will heavily influence how we bring this product to market.
Why We Need You
- We've recently launched our new Agent product, but our current sales, partnership, and executive resources are constrained. We know that we need additional resources to capture this market opportunity and a strong emphasis on execution as we acquire our early customers and partners.
- We're fortunate that our new Agent product is seeing a pull from the market and it is critical that we are able to capitalize on our positioning as being first to market.
- We need your help creating a path to increasing inbound and outbound efforts, improving positioning and messaging, defining our pricing and packaging strategy, shaping product decisions, and supporting customers in a scalable way.
What You Will Achieve
- You will acquire new customers and partners and work to ensure they onboard and scale usage of our new Agent product.
- You will materially impact the trajectory of the Agent product and drive meaningful top-line revenue to Middesk.
- You will implement strategies to support customers and partners throughout the customer lifecycle as our customer base scales.
- You will build a strong feedback loop between go-to-market, operational, and product/engineering teams that directly influencing our product strategy.
Experience that would help you succeed: (Note, we don't expect you to spike in all aspects, but to grow there in time)
- Success in revenue facing roles: You have thrived in a quota carrying or revenue focused role such as sales, partnerships, or marketing. You're comfortable talking to customers, negotiating complex partnership agreements, and navigating deals of various shapes and sizes.
- Experience developing GTM strategy: You have made a material impact in the design, development and execution of a GTM strategy. You understand how to identify and evaluate market segments, distribution strategies, and price and package product solutions. You leverage learnings to continually reassess strategy, advocating for changes when necessary.
- Product minded, analytical: You have a clear perspective on how to leverage data to ensure GTM, product, engineering, and operations can partner to drive optimal outcomes. You are willing to experiment and measure results that will drive decisions.
- Driven: This person has some experience in the past that lends itself to being able to dive in on tactical problems, while also being able to scale with the company as the needs change. Some examples, may be success in consulting, business/law school, founding a company, and/or a highly impactful role during the growth phase at a high-growth startup.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Curiosity to go deep: We are all working to get better at our craft. We don't expect you to be perfect day #1, but we want you to share our appetite for constant learning and improvement.
- Moving forward together: We're in this together, you will always have support from your cross functional counterparts. We achieve our results as a team....and celebrate as a team ;)!
- Customer empathy and advocacy: Our customer's problems are our problems. Our team works very hard to understand core issues and create novel solutions. We expect you to advocate for their perspective in where we need to focus.
- Personal and professional development: We're early in our journey, which means that there is an opportunity to learn how each piece of our business works. Whether you're looking to understand how product management, fundraising, or hiring works, you can be sure that we'll be able to position work to help you develop in these areas.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Middesk is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Why you should join Middesk
Middesk is building the trust layer between businesses. Where trust between businesses used to rely on a handshake, building trust between modern companies requires tools that deliver complete and reliable data at scale. Middesk is on a mission to redefine how businesses build trusted relationships.
Today, there are no reliable and scalable solutions for understanding the legitimacy, trustworthiness, or credit capacity of a business. We're building the end-to-end solution for companies to verify, screen, and monitor their customers. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Middesk is a Y Combinator company and is backed by the top VCs in the world including Accel and Sequoia Capital. We’re led by an experienced team that has experience growing and scaling companies like Checkr and Zendesk.