Middesk enables every business to access the products and services they need to grow and thrive. If we can make it easy for a business to access financial products, hire new employees, and transact with other businesses, then we increase the odds of success for that business.
Our products provide accurate and complete information for financial services companies and make it easy for employers to establish their business with state and federal entities.
Our customers include Shopify, Affirm, Brex, Plaid, Mercury, Divvy, Rippling, Gusto, and others.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
- As Growth Marketing Lead at Middesk, you will be responsible for managing our acquisition and retention strategy + execution. This role is critical to generating the awareness, developing the pipeline, and helping to convert that pipeline to paying customers.
- This role will partner closely with Sales, Account Management, Partnerships, and Revenue Operations to accelerate Middesk's rocket ship growth.
Why we need you
- We feel confident that we have achieved product-market fit for our first product. We are beginning to scale our growth engine and see several opportunities to increase credibility at each stage of the customer acquisition funnel, allowing us to accelerate how we acquire new customers.
- We are fortunate to be seeing a strong market pull for a new product that we have launched in beta. We are excited to scale customer acquisition of this new product, but recognize that scaling this product requires a new set of skills, especially around growth and performance marketing.
What you'll achieve
- You will lead and build out a world class Growth Marketing team
- You will ideate, launch, and measure the effectiveness of performance marketing campaigns across multiple channels (e.g. SEM, LinkedIn, Webinars, Events, Lifecycle) to 1) increase awareness, 2) engage high quality leads to convert via self-service + generate Sales pipeline; 3) shorten deal cycles; and 4) retain and expand our customer relationships.
- You will implement and scale our lead / pipeline generation engine across our products through testing, learning, and thoughtful execution
- In partnership with Product Marketing, you will develop a deep understanding of our personas, the competitive landscape, and ROI.
What you’ve accomplished
- 5-8+ years (2+ of that in B2B) of growth marketing experience: You have designed and executed marketing initiatives that provide you with enough context to pattern match, but also have an appreciation for approaching new challenges from first principles.
- Budget ownership and outcome responsibility: You have previously managed and planned a paid marketing budget + been responsible for performance outcomes of that budget. You are comfortable with full funnel analytics and efficiency frameworks (e.g. LTV:CAC). You have exceeded the performance expectation of the budget and have successfully advocated to increase the budget.
- Foundational marketing hire: You have held a role on an early stage Marketing team where you played a material part in establishing the tools and processes required to understand the effectiveness of and scale a marketing function. While you may not have been leading each of the meetings, you were in the room debating and defining overall marketing and GTM strategy.
- Channel expertise: You spike in a few Growth Marketing channels and are excited about both breadth (building expertise in additional channels) and depth (improving ability where you already spike).
Traits we value
- Bias to action; experimentation over perfection: You focus on outcomes over output. You prioritize fast, regular experiments and measure results to drive decisions.
- Analytical decision-making: You think logically, using a mix of quantitative and qualitative data to drive toward the best results.
- Strategy and execution: You love strategizing, developing tactics, and executing.
Why you'll love it here
- Customer First: We stay energized by solving real customer problems and make each interaction meaningful and embrace the challenging path to help our customers succeed.
- Be an owner: We identify and tackle problems, take pride in our work, and measure impact. When we find an opportunity to improve the status quo, take it on!
- Act with urgency and purpose: We move quickly and simplify things as we go. We solve the problems that we have today in ways that allow us to move even faster in the future.
- Drive results together: We choose teamwork. We share our opinions, ask questions, understand where others are coming from, and move forward as a unified front.
- Embrace the journey: We dream big and are open to taking risks. Innovation happens through optimism, positivity, rigorous thinking, and hard work.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. As an equal opportunity employer; we’re committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting careers @middesk.com.