Middesk enables every business to access the products and services they need to grow and thrive. If we can make it easy for a business to access financial products, hire new employees, and transact with other businesses, then we increase the odds of success for that business.
Our products provide accurate and complete information for financial services companies and make it easy for employers to establish their business with state and federal entities.
Our customers include Shopify, Affirm, Brex, Plaid, Mercury, Divvy, Rippling, Gusto, and others.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator
- As the Product Marketing Manager within our Verifications product team at Middesk, you will be responsible for managing product launches + adoption, the customer feedback process to provide input to Product roadmaps, and the value proposition both externally (e.g. website messaging) and internally (e.g. training sellers) facing.
- This role is critical to educating the market on the value of Middesk's Verifications solution. Success will mean multiplication of our GTM efforts, e.g. shorter deal cycles, improved paid marketing performance.
- This role will partner closely with Product, Sales, Account Management, and Partnerships to accelerate Middesk's rocket ship growth.
Why we need you
- We feel confident that we have achieved product-market fit for Verification. We are beginning to scale and must build/refine our GTM positioning, product launch, and customer feedback processes to acquire our next set of customers
What you'll achieve
- You will lead the product launch process and initiatives to drive product adoption.
- You will be the voice of the customer, embedding yourself with the Product team. You will collate learnings from the market to provide critical inputs to Middesk's product roadmap by joining customer calls, especially as it relates to alpha / beta products, to gather this feedback from the source.
- You will develop and maintain the value propositions of our products.
- You will provide critical inputs to our pricing and packaging to ensure that Middesk is going to market with products packaged in a way that best reflects the market needs at the right price and with the right value propositions.
- You will educate internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Account Management) on how to sell Middesk.
- You will develop a deep understanding of our personas and the competitive landscape.
- In partnership with Growth Marketing, you will ideate campaigns and messaging to maximize impact of our awareness and acquisition efforts.
What you've accomplished
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience, ideally 2+ years in B2B: You have designed and executed marketing initiatives that provide you with enough context to pattern match, but also have an appreciation for approaching new challenges from first principles.
- Outcome responsibility: You have previously worked in an outcomes-driven organization and are excited about owning or co-owning metrics related to your work (e.g. product revenue).
- Foundational marketing hire: You have held a role on an early stage Marketing team where you played a material part in establishing the processes required to understand the effectiveness of and scale a marketing function.
- While you may not have been leading each of the meetings, you were in the room debating and defining overall marketing and GTM strategy.
- Experience at companies with multiple GTM motions: You have successfully operated at a company that required trade-offs between multiple GTM motions (Sales-led vs. PLG)
Traits we value
- Strategy and execution: You love strategizing, developing tactics, and executing.
- Storytelling: You can take disparate data points from many sources (Sales, Account Management, customers, partners, etc.) and develop a cohesive story of the product and a compelling value proposition.
- Analytical decision-making: You think logically, using a mix of quantitative and qualitative data to drive toward the best results.
- Communication: You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, to tell the fantastic stories you develop.
Why you'll love it here
- Customer First: We stay energized by solving real customer problems and make each interaction meaningful and embrace the challenging path to help our customers succeed.
- Be an owner: We identify and tackle problems, take pride in our work, and measure impact. When we find an opportunity to improve the status quo, take it on!
- Act with urgency and purpose: We move quickly and simplify things as we go. We solve the problems that we have today in ways that allow us to move even faster in the future.
- Drive results together: We choose teamwork. We share our opinions, ask questions, understand where others are coming from, and move forward as a unified front.
- Embrace the journey: We dream big and are open to taking risks. Innovation happens through optimism, positivity, rigorous thinking, and hard work.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. As an equal opportunity employer; we’re committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting careers @middesk.com