About the role
Middesk establishes trust between businesses. In a world where an increasing number of business relationships are digital, understanding how to identify and quantify risks of those relationships is growing increasingly important. Middesk’s suite of Identity and Risk products allows B2B companies to quickly understand who they are working with and any business and regulatory risk that surrounds those businesses. Our customers include Brex, Plaid, Clearbanc, and Checkr.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers. We value curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. We're excited about the scope of the problems we're working to solve. We appreciate the intent of legacy processes and seek out the cracks that provide opportunities to innovate. We look at problems based on first principles and prefer learning by doing. We have a diverse background and set of skills. We're passionate about our individual crafts, the hobbies we keep, and the relationships that we build.
About The Role
As the first Infrastructure Engineer, you will set the direction for production operations of our system, in addition to the ongoing development of solutions that maximize system reliability, performance, and automation. This high-impact role will provide significant ownership over the core infrastructure, as we work toward Middesk reaching an errorless state. You will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to define, prioritize and execute a product roadmap that will ensure our ability to scale and service increasingly larger and mature customers.
Who You Are (professionally)
- Thinks about systems
- Focuses on the needs of users, both internal and external alike
- Raises and maintains the bar for working in production
- Adept at debugging systems across the stack
- Interested and able to operate with broad reach and impact, supporting and owning other areas such as security
Who You Are (personally)
- Feels a sense of accountability to the team and expects the same in return
- Is empathetic to the challenges and needs of customers, both internal and external
- Is endlessly curious about how and why systems work the way that they do
- Appreciates healthy candor
- Join an ambitious, experienced team that is taking on an industry owned by a handful of companies that have been around since the 1800s
- Take on significant ownership and have the ability to fundamentally change the trajectory of the business and your career
- Learn, first hand, how to build a company from the earliest stages
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Flexible PTO
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Middesk is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
Why you should join Middesk
Middesk is building the trust layer between businesses. Where trust between businesses used to rely on a handshake, building trust between modern companies requires tools that deliver complete and reliable data at scale. Middesk is on a mission to redefine how businesses build trusted relationships.
Today, there are no reliable and scalable solutions for understanding the legitimacy, trustworthiness, or credit capacity of a business. We're building the end-to-end solution for companies to verify, screen, and monitor their customers. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Middesk is a Y Combinator company and is backed by the top VCs in the world including Accel and Sequoia Capital. We’re led by an experienced team that has experience growing and scaling companies like Checkr and Zendesk.