About the role
Middesk establishes trust between businesses. In a world where an increasing number of business relationships are digital, understanding how to identify and quantify risks of those relationships is growing increasingly important. Middesk’s suite of Identity and Risk products allows B2B companies to quickly understand who they are working with and any business and regulatory risk that surrounds those businesses. Our customers include Brex, Plaid, Clearbanc, and Checkr.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers. We value curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. We're excited about the scope of the problems we're working to solve. We appreciate the intent of legacy processes and seek out the cracks that provide opportunities to innovate. We look at problems based on first principles and prefer learning by doing. We have a diverse background and set of skills. We're passionate about our individual crafts, the hobbies we keep, and the relationships that we build.
About The Role
As an early member of our Engineering team, you will contribute directly to the development of the dashboard, API, and additional services that our customers directly engage with. You will work closely with customers, internal stakeholders, and the executive team to develop, prioritize, and execute against a roadmap that directly impacts customers and drives our business ahead. You will be expected to ship fast, iterate rapidly, and identify ongoing opportunities to deliver value to customers.
Who You Are (professionally)
- Has strong, demonstrable experience shipping high-quality products
- Passionate for design and empathy for users of Middesk products
- Able to think through customer requirements to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving their problems
- Has proven track record in raising and maintaining the bar in code quality and user experience
- Attends to the details
Who You Are (personally)
- Feels a sense of accountability to the team and expects the same in return
- Is empathetic to the challenges and needs of customers, both internal and external
- Is endlessly curious about how and why systems work the way that they do
- Appreciates healthy candor
- Join an ambitious, experienced team that is taking on an industry owned by a handful of companies that have been around since the 1800s
- Take on significant ownership and have the ability to fundamentally change the trajectory of the business and your career
- Learn, first hand, how to build a company from the earliest stages
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Flexible PTO
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Middesk is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
Why you should join Middesk
Middesk is building the trust layer between businesses. Where trust between businesses used to rely on a handshake, building trust between modern companies requires tools that deliver complete and reliable data at scale. Middesk is on a mission to redefine how businesses build trusted relationships.
Today, there are no reliable and scalable solutions for understanding the legitimacy, trustworthiness, or credit capacity of a business. We're building the end-to-end solution for companies to verify, screen, and monitor their customers. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Middesk is a Y Combinator company and is backed by the top VCs in the world including Accel and Sequoia Capital. We’re led by an experienced team that has experience growing and scaling companies like Checkr and Zendesk.