Middesk's mission is to enable every business to access the products and services they need to grow and thrive. We believe that if we can make it easy for a business to access financial products, hire new employees, and transact with other businesses, that we increase the odds of success for that business to contribute to its community and the broader economy.
Our Identity provides accurate, complete information that financial services companies need to make efficient onboarding decisions. Our Agent product makes it easy for employers to file with the state and federal agencies needed to establish their business across the country. Our customers include Affirm, Brex, Plaid, Mercury, Divvy, Rippling, Gusto, and others.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
As an early member of the Solutions Engineering team, you will be integral to building out the foundations for a high-impact function at Middesk.
You will be a key partner to prospects and customers who are looking to integrate our APIs into their financial products and we expect you to be an expert in understanding customer use cases, pain points, and challenges.
You will become a subject matter expert on industry trends, best practices, and will work directly with customers to align Middesk's products to each individual customer use case.
This role will touch and influence Sales, Partnerships, Account Management, Marketing, and Product/Engineering and will heavily influence our ability to acquire and expand strategic customers.
Why we need you
- As our customer base and product suite has grown, the number of use cases and approaches to use our products for various types of decision making has grown. Our customers look to us as experts and we need to be able to clearly articulate how each of our products can best support their unique needs.
- We are looking to redefine the way that KYB is approached with our innovative solutions. This creates a massive opportunity for us to act as subject matter experts and customers will rely on you to help them navigate the challenges they are facing in this area.
- The function is still extremely young. You will be responsible for helping establish the team's culture and expand its influence within the company as it continues to grow.
- As the company continues to grow, so do the various functions within it. Because Solutions Engineering is one of the most cross-functional functions within our organization, we need your help to think about how we can effectively establish cross-functional collaboration practices that will scale well.
- Successful and timely integrations of our API-first solution is integral to the health of our business. As such, you will partner with customers and guide them throughout the implementation process to ensure that they get up and running without friction.
- We need you to work alongside with the Sales and Account Management functions to strategically win new business from both our prospects and existing customers.
What you'll achieve
- You will engage directly with our prospects and customers to map challenges, pain points, and opportunities against our products, directly influencing our ability to win new business.
- You will develop and support technical implementations of new customers and partners against a suite of APIs.
- You will work on meaningful projects that will be leveraged to help the team and the company operate more effectively and efficiently.
- You will collaborate with other go-to-market, operations, and product/engineering teams and help create a strong feedback loop among them that will influence our company-wide objectives.
- You will be an important part of building out a function from 0 to 1 and help decide its culture, processes, and identity within the broader organization.
What you’ve accomplished
- Success in customer-facing roles: You have partnered with team members in revenue focused roles such as sales, account management, partnerships, and/or marketing. You're comfortable talking to customers, providing perspective, and facilitating customer discovery, solution design, and proof of concept discussions.
- Experience working with technical products: You have worked with technical products where product managers and/or developers are key stakeholders in the evaluation and purchase process. You can dive into the technical details of complex projects while being able to explain those same principles to a non-technical audience.
- Strong technical acumen: You have the ability to leverage your technical skillsets (e.g software development, using SQL queries, systems design, etc.) during our engagements with technical stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of financial services: You have an understanding of the trends, challenges, and best practices across financial services, especially those related to B2B compliance, underwriting, and risk management. You have a genuine passion for financial services and the innovation happening within the industry.
- Self-motivated and driven: You have demonstrated in the past of being able to proactively identity problems and executive on solutions designed to solve them. You thrive in unstructured environments and have no issues with navigating ambiguous circumstances.
Why you'll love it here
- Customer First: We stay energized by solving real customer problems and make each interaction meaningful and embrace the challenging path to help our customers succeed.
- Be an owner: We identify and tackle problems, take pride in our work, and measure impact. When we find an opportunity to improve the status quo, take it on!
- Act with urgency and purpose: We move quickly and simplify things as we go. We solve the problems that we have today in ways that allow us to move even faster in the future.
- Drive results together: We choose teamwork. We share our opinions, ask questions, understand where others are coming from, and move forward as a unified front.
- Embrace the journey: We dream big and are open to taking risks. Innovation happens through optimism, positivity, rigorous thinking, and hard work.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. As an equal opportunity employer; we’re committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting careers @middesk.com.