Solutions Engineer at Middesk
About the role
Middesk's mission is to enable every business to access the products and services they need to grow and thrive. We believe that if we can make it easy for a business to access financial products, hire new employees, and transact with other businesses, that we increase the odds of success for that business to contribute to its community and the broader economy.
Our Identity provides accurate, complete information that financial services companies need to make efficient onboarding decisions. Our Agent product makes it easy for employers to file with the state and federal agencies needed to establish their business across the country. Our customers include Affirm, Brex, Plaid, Mercury, Divvy, Rippling, Gusto, and others.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
- As the first member of the Solutions Engineering team, you will be a key partner for prospects and customers who are looking to integrate our APIs into their financial products. We expect you to be an expert in understanding customer use cases, pain points, and challenges. You will become a subject matter expert on industry trends, best practices, and will work directly with customers to align Middesk's products to each individual customer use case. This customer facing role will touch and influence Sales, Partnerships, Account Management, Marketing, and Product/Engineering and will heavily influence our ability to acquire and expand strategic customers.
Why We Need You
- As our customer base and product suite has grown, the number of use cases and approaches to use our products for various types of decision making has grown. Our customers look to us as experts and we need to be able to clearly articulate how each of our products can best support their unique needs.
- Our industry lacks a common set of best practices, which creates a massive opportunity for us to act as subject matter experts, and define a set of best practices that allow new fintechs to manage Identity and risk on-par with the largest and most mature financial service companies.
- As an API first company, implementations commonly require guidance and support to ensure that each customer gets up and running with our products quickly and without friction.
- We need your help in creating a go-to-market model that allows for sales to focus on relationships, subject matter experts to focus on solving customer problems, and customers to be able to quickly implement our solutions and move into production.
What You Will Achieve
- You will engage directly with our largest, strategic prospects and customers to map challenges, pain points, and opportunities against our products, directly influencing our ability win new business.
- You will develop and support technical implementations of new customers and partners against a suite of APIs
- You will build a strong feedback loop between go-to-market, operational, and product/engineering teams that directly influencing our product strategy.
Experience that would help you succeed: (Note, we don't expect you to spike in all aspects, but to grow there in time)
- Success in revenue facing roles: You have partnered with team members in revenue focused roles such as sales, partnerships, or marketing. You're comfortable talking to customers, providing perspective, and facilitating customer discovery, solution design, and proof of concept discussions.
- Experience navigating technical products: You have worked with technical products where product managers and/or developers are key stakeholders in the evaluation and purchase process. You can dive into the technical details of complex projects, while being able to explain those same principles to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of financial services: You have an understanding of the trends, challenges, and best practices across financial services, especially those related to B2B compliance, underwriting, and risk management. You have a genuine passion for financial services and the innovation happening within the industry.
- Driven: This person has some experience in the past that lends itself to being able to dive in on tactical problems, while also being able to scale with the company as the needs change. Some examples, may be success in consulting, business/law school, founding a company, and/or a highly impactful role during the growth phase at a high-growth startup.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Curiosity to go deep: We are all working to get better at our craft. We don't expect you to be perfect day #1, but we want you to share our appetite for constant learning and improvement.
- Moving forward together: We're in this together, you will always have support from your cross functional counterparts. We achieve our results as a team....and celebrate as a team ;)!
- Customer empathy and advocacy: Our customer's problems are our problems. Our team works very hard to understand core issues and create novel solutions. We expect you to advocate for their perspective in where we need to focus.
- Personal and professional development: We're early in our journey, which means that there is an opportunity to learn how each piece of our business works. Whether you're looking to understand how product management, fundraising, or hiring works, you can be sure that we'll be able to position work to help you develop in these areas.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Middesk is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
Why you should join Middesk
Middesk is building the trust layer between businesses. Where trust between businesses used to rely on a handshake, building trust between modern companies requires tools that deliver complete and reliable data at scale. Middesk is on a mission to redefine how businesses build trusted relationships.
Today, there are no reliable and scalable solutions for understanding the legitimacy, trustworthiness, or credit capacity of a business. We're building the end-to-end solution for companies to verify, screen, and monitor their customers. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Middesk is a Y Combinator company and is backed by the top VCs in the world including Accel and Sequoia Capital. We’re led by an experienced team that has experience growing and scaling companies like Checkr and Zendesk.