Middesk enables every business to access the products and services they need to grow and thrive. If we can make it easy for a business to access financial products, hire new employees, and transact with other businesses, then we increase the odds of success for that business.
Our products provide accurate and complete information for financial services companies and make it easy for employers to establish their business with state and federal entities.
Our customers include Shopify, Affirm, Brex, Plaid, Mercury, Divvy, Rippling, Gusto, and others.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
- Our customers need to verify every business that applies for a bank account, loan, or other financial tool — a concept called “Know Your Business” (KYB). Middesk’s Identity product has earned a reputation as “the industry standard” and “Cadillac of KYB.” That’s why our customers love us — and tell their friends about us, too. We’re growing exponentially year-over-year, and we are committed to continuing to deliver value to our customers in new and delightful ways.
- As a Product Manager on the Identity team, you’ll define the product strategy and roadmap for building and growing Middesk Identity. Some areas of ownership can include identifying new user problems and corresponding feature-level solutions, developing new data strategies to improving search accuracy, and expanding our automation abilities to deliver results faster.
- Additionally, as part of the founding Product Management team, you will help grow, develop, and define what the PM role looks like at Middesk. This includes how PMs work cross-functionally, solicit feedback from customers, instill a positive team culture, and shape the product roadmap.
Why we need you
- Middesk has experienced exponential growth in the past two years. We’ve built products customers love — and our success has been driven primarily by strong product market fit, word-of-mouth, and an exceptional reputation.
- As we’ve grown, we’ve gained an increasingly diverse set of partners and customers — each requiring new products, features, and capabilities. We are looking for an individual that can ensure that we are prioritizing the highest-impact projects to maximize customer value.
- If you’re looking for an opportunity to have a huge impact on a product that’s growing exponentially and to work in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to chat.
What you’ll achieve
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for new features, performance optimizations, and data capabilities
- Understand customers' needs, product capabilities, and business goals to help the team identify and prioritize high-value projects
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Build the capability and culture for high-velocity delivery
- Be a part of the team that redefines how banks and fintechs verify customers, changing the compliance and fraud industry
What you’ve accomplished
- Working effectively on and leading cross-functional teams comprised of Design, Product, Engineering, Sales, Data Science, Marketing and Ops
- Proven track record of delivering impact through the full product lifecycle, from ideation to launch and iteration
- Familiarity with both a sales-led and product-led motion
- Experience with data products and APIs
- Expertise in compliance and/or fraud
- Prior fintech or financial service experience
- Prior experience at an early stage, hyper-growth startup
Traits we value
- Analytical decision-making: You’ve got strong product sense and pride in understanding your customers. While you have a strong command of metrics, you use customer journeys to understand, impact and change product performance
- Communication: You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, and can evangelize for your product area and customer
- Bias toward action: You thrive in ambiguous environments, are excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and execute
Why you'll love it here
- Customer First: We stay energized by solving real customer problems and make each interaction meaningful and embrace the challenging path to help our customers succeed.
- Be an owner: We identify and tackle problems, take pride in our work, and measure impact. When we find an opportunity to improve the status quo, take it on!
- Act with urgency and purpose: We move quickly and simplify things as we go. We solve the problems that we have today in ways that allow us to move even faster in the future.
- Drive results together: We choose teamwork. We share our opinions, ask questions, understand where others are coming from, and move forward as a unified front.
- Embrace the journey: We dream big and are open to taking risks. Innovation happens through optimism, positivity, rigorous thinking, and hard work.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. As an equal opportunity employer; we’re committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting careers @middesk.com.