Event Marketing Manager at Mighty Buildings
About the role
WHO WE ARE: We are Mighty Buildings, a venture-backed Series B construction technology company based in Oakland, CA, that is innovating the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D-printing, advanced materials, and robotic automation.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: We’re looking for a passionate and tenacious Event Marketing Manager who will operate in a hybrid role by being a direct contributor to B2C sales activity in parallel with a strong emphasis on event marketing. This person will be flexible in balancing sales objectives while assisting with event marketing, email marketing, and public relations initiatives. The best candidate will approach their work with an entrepreneurial spirit to get the job done. The Event Marketing Manager will collaborate across all teams at Mighty Buildings to deliver on programs and events that benefit Mighty Buildings’ current and potential customers. This person will also identify opportunities across key strategic partners and be on the pulse of new opportunities to help the Sales team and company achieve their monthly/annual sales goals. This role will be accountable for both quantitative & qualitative objectives measured by quarterly team OKRs (Objective and Key Results).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Manage multiple events at the same time to drive sales opportunities through event planning and executing with the primary goal of acquiring new customers.
- Working in alignment with Sales Associates in Northern / Southern California and our Public Relations team to secure and execute event marketing opportunities where possible.
- Develop unique ways to gain visibility in key target markets including those where Mighty Buildings have struggled to gain presence and competitive positioning.
- Manage all displays and installations, signage (where appropriate) for consumer marketing events.
- Manage events for the company including identifying and procuring top promoters / organizers as necessary in key target markets.
- Establish and manage marketing budget for events and its tracking.
- Provide recommendations to support brand building activities as needed.
- Acquiring strategic partnerships, executing media and public relations outreach to support the event marketing efforts, social media amplification in collaboration with our Public Relations team.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Sales Marketing, Email Marketing or Event Marketing role at a Coordinator or Specialist level.
- Relevant experience driving consumer sales and marketing efforts. Direct experience in PropTech or Real Estate technology companies a plus.
- Previous budget management / resource allocation experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with GSuite programs including Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides.
- Solid internal and external presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with customers and key trade stakeholders to create, maintain, and build professional relationships and maximize revenue generating opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment.
- A strong desire to succeed with a proven track record which supports that.
- A positive, resilient attitude in terms of how you approach your work.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with an emphasis in Marketing or Communications a plus.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment preferred.
Why you should join Mighty Buildings
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company that is dedicated to reimagining the building industry, from the factory to the foundation. By applying state-of-the-art automation and innovative new technologies, Mighty Buildings can 3D print structures twice as fast with 95% less labor hours and ten times less waste than conventional construction. Mighty Buildings works with compliance and regulatory agencies to develop future-forward materials that are tested to the most rigorous standards with nearly zero-waste production methods. Mighty Buildings projects range from pre-designed ADUs for homeowners to single family residential developments utilizing their unique panelized Mighty Kit System. Mighty Buildings is committed to making beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes a reality for more people.