Software Engineer at Mighty
About the role
At Mighty, we’re working hard at building a computer you’ll never need to upgrade that changes the possibilities of what apps can do. Mighty’s first product will make Google Chrome faster and use 10x less memory by streaming it at extremely low-latency from the cloud.
Mighty was started by the founder of Mixpanel & we’re looking to hire an engineer to join our early two person team.
Check out our FAQ for answers to some quick questions you might have.
Only accepting candidates from USA/Canada currently.
If you join us, you’ll be an early team member in helping shape:
- Our future company culture
- Our engineering practices
- People that we hire
- The direction & focus of our products
Engineers on the team today:
- Are left to autonomously figure out the solutions to their challenges
- Put themselves in the shoes of our users to craft a great experience
- Value clear, frequent communication (we do a lot of writing)
- Enjoy being a generalist and are not tied down to a specific programming language or surface area of our codebase.
- Are naturally curious and willing to take a step to learning something they don’t have experience in
- Supportive--especially when teammates are faced with new challenges
- Feel a great sense of accountability to each other
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
Here are examples of things we’ve worked on:
- Figuring out how to improve encoding performance by reducing total time to be less than 8 milliseconds.
- Capturing mouse/keyboard events to replay them on Linux from macOS.
- Helping build our custom networking protocol to improve upon congestion for various networking conditions that our users may have.
- Benchmarking the performance of different models of GPUs to find the best cost/performance ratio to keep costs low
Why you should join Mighty
Mighty makes Google Chrome faster & use 10x less memory.
We spend most of our time in a web browser but it's often our slowest app. Mighty speeds up Chrome on your laptop by streaming it from a more powerful computer in the cloud—that makes your browser & other apps run significantly faster. Unlike regular Google Chrome, it doesn't slowdown if you have too many tabs open. It uses less power & CPU to prolong battery life. Web pages load half a second faster. When you have many tabs open, it will help you quickly find a tab. Built for speed, it's like putting a rocket booster on your web browser.
Mighty was started by the founder of Mixpanel & we’re looking to hire an engineer to join our small team.
** We are only hiring remotely within USA & Canada **