Email Marketing Specialist
About the role
Reports To: Head of Growth, CMO
Application: Send an email introducing yourself as a potential team member to email@example.com. We’re looking for an email marketer to join MilkRun and create email campaigns to promote products via our subscription model. . If you’re passionate about good food from rad farmers and have experience creating email campaigns from start to finish, let’s talk!
MilkRun Mission & Job Overview: MilkRun is a re-imagining of farm-to-you food distribution. What if a grocery store existed solely online and delivered you radically local groceries harvested, baked, and butchered to order? What if we gave more money back to farmers, to our community? What if we could skip the overhead of a grocery store? What if we made it easy for you to get exactly the quality of food you want, right to your door? All of that would mean less cold storage, less trucks, less middlemen, and more power for the community — both farmers and shoppers. That’s why we’re changing the future of food distribution here at MilkRun.
What you’ll do: The Email Marketer Specialist is focused on day-to-day management and creation of email campaigns. You’ll be responsible for setting up automated drips, customer segmentation and personalization, conducting A/B tests, and analyzing campaign performance.
- Create customer segmentation and personalization by understanding customer shopping behaviour
- Set up automated email campaigns, including path splits
- Establish flow of emails , drip campaigns, winbacks etc .
- Ensure accurate, timely and consistent delivery of email campaigns
- Analyse KPIs to improve overall email performance, communicating results to Data and Marketing teams.
- Reacting and changing up email strategy to consistently react to customer behavior till we find the big “win”!.
- Support Marketing team in evaluating and establishing marketing plan and promotional strategy
- Manage campaign tracking and weekly reporting for our customer acquisition programs
- Collaborate with channel-specific marketing teammates (blogging, email, social media, digital channels etc.) to identify areas for growth
- Driven by the fact that startup success is dependent on our growth team
- Results oriented, growth obsessed, and data driven superhuman who wants to change the world
- Experienced in food tech, online grocery, or consumer subscription brands
- Skilled at cross-functional communication with creatives, engineers, analysts and product manager
- Able to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Highly analytical and data driven; able to personally dive deep into performance data to understand trends, variances, opportunities and threats
- Knowledgeable about both inbound and outbound marketing, understanding user behavior and driving sales at each stage of the funnel
Tools we use: Shopify, Klaviyo, Loyalty Lion, Gorgias, Asana, SendGrid, Zapiet, Zapier, ReCharge, OnFleet
Compensation: This is a part-time, contractor role and is project-based.
Why you should join MilkRun
MilkRun makes buying good food directly from local small and mid-size farmers, butchers, bakers, fisheries, and makers easy.