Director of Marketing
About the role
We’re looking for a dynamic marketer who is customer-obsessed and brings a fresh approach to building marketing strategies, campaigns and in-market programs that create results at scale. The ideal candidate has a passion for farms, problem-solving, food , collaborating cross-functionally, and driving data-driven results. The relentless pursuit of growth is the #1 responsibility for this role. We are changing the world through food and need hungry (pun intended) people who are motivated by the stakes.
MilkRun Mission & Job Overview:
MilkRun is a re-imagining of farm-to-you food distribution. What if a grocery store existed solely online and delivered you radically local groceries harvested, baked, and butchered to order? What if we gave more money back to farmers, to our community? What if we could skip the overhead of a grocery store? What if we made it easy for you to get exactly the quality of food you want, right to your door? All of that would mean less cold storage, less trucks, less middlemen, and more power for the community — both farmers and shoppers. That’s why we’re changing the future of food distribution here at MilkRun. Think -Food From Farms Delivered !! ALL LOCAL !
What you’ll do:
- Define the overall campaign strategy, messaging, customer journeys, marketing mix, investment recommendations and marketing plan aligned with the go-to-market strategy and business goals for current and future markets
- Strategize and execute marketing and multi-channel communication plans, calendars and programs in conjunction with the Sales, PR, Digital, and Product teams to ensure profit growth
- Drive marketing innovation and creativity. Use marketing analytics to deliver marketing campaigns that achieve business targets and marketing goals
- Create and measure macro/micro marketing KPIs to provide market research, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer insights
- Lead Marketing team who are responsible for driving acquisition across marketing channels (Social, Email, Content)
- Collaborate and develop strong working relationships with key vendors, both Creative and PR
- Manage forecasts and budget for your campaigns in connection with annual plans *Build, test, budget and scale consumer marketing channels
- Hunt down and own new channels and formats for acquisition, strategic partnerships and business development.
- Understand levers that drive marketing ROI goals (especially in the consumer grocery space) and use data to identify the highest impact levers to meet your goals.
- Understand deeply the lifecycle of MilkRun customers and identify opportunities for growth and optimization while remaining nimble
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis, both regionally and nationally
- Driven by the fact that startup success is dependent on our growth team
- Results oriented, growth obsessed, and data driven superhuman who wants to change the world
- Experienced in food tech, online grocery, or consumer subscription brands
- Skilled at cross-functional communication with creatives, engineers, analysts and product manager
- Able to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Knowledgeable about both inbound and outbound marketing, understanding user behavior and driving sales at each stage of the funnel
- Experienced at scaling and automating the growth processes
- Customer obsessed! Understand their needs and motivations to build outstanding experiences at every point of their journey
- A storyteller. Craft compelling messages that captivate audiences and offer them a peek inside MilkRun
- Fun Loving human who loves change, has humor and loves pivoting on a daily business.
Tools we use: Shopify, Klaviyo, Loyalty Lion, Gorgias, Asana, SendGrid, Zapiet, Zapier, ReCharge, OnFleet
Compensation: Full-time independent contractor position to start, lots of room for the right candidate to grow!
Why you should join MilkRun
MilkRun makes buying good food directly from local small and mid-size farmers, butchers, bakers, fisheries, and makers easy.