Software Engineer, iOS at MindFi
About the role
The Engineering Team at MindFi has had a proven success record of working together to deliver a world-class solution for employee wellbeing. As the top-rated product in our space, MindFi keeps high-quality engineering at the core of what we do, and we’re looking for a Software Engineer to join us!
As a Software Engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the trajectory of product development, while ensuring we stay customer-focused. As one of the core members of the team, you’ll own decision making and problem solving on some of our most challenging problems.
Our current stack: https://stackshare.io/mindfi/mindfi-app
Your day-to-day job:
- You will be part of the core engineering team that builds MindFi’s mobile apps and client analytics platform.
- Take ownership of features end-to-end.
- Closely work with Product, Design and Backend teams to translate designs and new features into high-quality code.
- Build, ship and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Swift code.
- Ensure that the product is highly responsive.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs to improve performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
We are looking for someone who:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship.
- 2+ years of experience building mobile applications professionally.
- Resonates with our mission to promote greater mental wellbeing in workplaces.
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Possess strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience.
- Wants to build and ship high-performance products with the end-user in mind.
- Has real-world experience with shipping products. (Link them in your resume)
- Is familiar with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher.
Bonus if you:
- Have worked in a fast-paced environment.
- Have conceptualised and shipped any product or mobile app from idea to production with real users
- Are familiar with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
Why you should join MindFi
MindFi's mission is to build positive and productive workplaces with greater mental wellbeing. Through our family of apps and services, we're helping companies to build a more mindful workplace culture for their employees around the world, gives them access to practical and relevant wellbeing tools, connects them with supportive peers or professionals, and helps employers and leaders to develop more sustainable people-centric programs and policies.
MindFi (YC S21) is a fast-growing technology startup managed by a team of technology veterans from Silicon Valley and Asia, backed by prominent VCs & angels and our products have been featured by Apple, BBC, Forbes, SCMP.