Business Development Manager
About the role
Please apply here: https://career.mindsdb.com/o/business-development-manager
Would you like to play a meaningful role in the business evolution of an Artificial Intelligence venture backed start-up? This highly visible position is focused on getting the power of ML to as many customers as possible either directly or with partners. You’ll see the big picture but also be able to master the details of our AutoML solution and the associated nuances of engaging with buyers across the lifecycle. If this sounds interesting to you then you might be the person we’re looking for.
More about you:
You are a highly motivated, technical and analytically driven business development person who views themselves as the CEO of their own business segment. You understand the complexities of the market and specifically the importance of partners in this ecosystem. You focus on driving specific enterprise direct initiatives for ‘farm’ and indirect initiatives with partners for ‘hunt’ but also keep a close eye on the business as a whole ensuring that decisions are made with long-term growth in mind. You’ve worked for a leading Enterprise vendor or one of their strategic partners and understand their culture and business needs. Although you’ve had this experience you believe the traditional go-to-market approaches need to be rewritten to address how contemporary business at speed is done.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Build your own pipeline of leads through market research, mapping stakeholders and identifying decision makers.
- Engage with clients, opening conversations, understanding challenges, presenting product demos.
- Manage end to end sales processes, negotiating terms and closing deals.
- Be the primary account manager for partners and end-customers, managing internal and external resources to move customer engagements forward.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office, remotely, or a distributed team, MindsDB is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options and lots more.
MindsDB is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
More about us
MindsDB helps anyone use the power of machine learning to ask predictive questions of their data and receive accurate answers from it. MindsDB was founded in 2017 by Adam Carrigan (COO) and Jorge Torres (CEO), is backed with over $5.2M in seed funding from the University of California, Berkeley SkyDeck fund, OpenOcean, and the co-founders of MySQL and MariaDB. MindsDB is also a graduate of Y Combinators’ recent Winter 2020 batch.
On your first day we’ll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise business development either with a leading vendor or strategic partner
- Experience leading complex contractual negotiations
- Consistent record working on partner recruitment efforts
- Extensive experience developing joint go-to-market strategies and solutions for Enterprise sales
- Experience working internally across a variety of functions including executive level engagements, product development, marketing, and more
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding performance metrics both sales/booking as well as non-revenue targets eg references
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of machine learning and automation
- Experience at a previous early-stage startup and working with remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Spanish a plus
Why you should join MindsDB
MindsDB is an open-source platform designed to accelerate machine learning workflows by generating predictions at the data layer with virtual AI Tables so you can consume predictions as regular data and query them with standard SQL, reduce development and deployment complexity using AutoML, and improve insight into machine learning model accuracy - increasing prediction confidence.