VP, Marketplace Business
About the role
Miso originally launched as a home cleaning service but expanded to over 70 services in 2020. The Marketplace business unit led this expansion and we are now looking for someone to lead this business.
When you want to purchase a product, it’s simple. Go to Amazon or Coupang. But when you need to find a cleaner, a mover or someone to remodel your kitchen, you don’t know where to turn. We want to make booking a service as easy as buying a product. Open the Miso app and make it happen in seconds.
The Marketplace business has grown extremely quickly. We officially launched in September of 2020 and earned less than $1,000 in net revenue that month. In March, this business earned well over $100,000 and is on pace to grow another 50% in April.
This role is ideal for someone who has experience in building a business, and is obsessed not only about the big picture but also about improving and iterating on processes to obtain operational excellence and deliver the highest quality customer experience. Strategy, marketing, marketplace efficiency, quality, sales and account management, product development, P&L ownership, team development and coaching, and customer experience all sit under the VP’s broad umbrella of responsibilities. You will be expected to not only lead the Marketplace business but work together with the leadership team to lead the company as a whole.
What you will do
- Build, develop and lead a team of smart and passionate people.
- Set the mission and strategy with your team and oversee the results-driven execution.
- Work cross-functionally with the Product, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Finance and People teams.
- Develop and scale our sales and account management teams and processes so we can continue to grow this business rapidly.
What you will need
- 8+ years of experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area.
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment, startup all-hands-on-deck experience, P&L ownership are a plus.
- Experience leading a team with willingness to invest in the coaching and development of your team members.
- Data driven decision mentality.
- A passion for Miso and growing the company.
Why you should join Miso
Miso was founded in August of 2015 with the mission to make our customers lives more convenient. Over 200,000 customers have used Miso in our first 2 years. It took us 22 months to hit $10 million in total revenue and 5 more months to hit $20 million in total revenue. Our core team includes two members who built Yogiyo into a household name and we are here to do it again with Miso. Some of the top international investors in the world including Y Combinator have backed us.