Business Development Representative (Partnerships) at Modern Health
About the role
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $95 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company, we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021!
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for a highly-motivated Business Development Representative to join our growing Partnerships team to drive referral growth through our Consultant Program. This is a highly-visible role referral growth through our Consultant Program – our #1 source of new business at Modern Health. You will work to prospect and generate qualified opportunities for our Partnerships Manager to drive awareness amongst top employee benefits consultants and firms. This is a great opportunity for candidates that are looking to expand their experience in Business Development and Partnerships. Most importantly, the ideal candidate has a deep passion for making a difference in behavioral health.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Support Partner Managers in identifying, contacting, and qualifying the most influential employee benefits consultants to drive awareness of Modern Health
- Develop strategic and unique outreach strategies to stand out as a category leader
- Maintain clean records in all prospecting tools including Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn, Zoominfo, and others
- Contribute to our winning, team-oriented culture
- Consistently exceed monthly qualified opportunity quota
- Bring an exceptionally positive attitude and enthusiasm to each day
Who You Are-
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Unafraid of rejection
- Self-starter, reliable team player with the ability to deliver results.
- An entrepreneurial and persuasive spirit
- Tremendous follow-through and response time
- Experience using sales technologies a plus
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO & occasional company-wide mental health days to enable time to rest and restore
- Childcare ($3k quarterly)
- Parental leave policy - 16 weeks
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Outschool Access; Online marketplace for virtual kids classes
- Unlimited career growth opportunity at hypergrowth start-up
- Stipend ($1k annually)
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Monthly Lunch and Learns
- People Manager training cohorts
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend ($1k one time)
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend ($2k annually)
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!
Why you should join Modern Health
Modern Health is the leading mental wellness platform that combines clinically validated assessments, personalized stress management support, an international network of certified behavioral health coaches, and licensed therapists to deliver mental health support across a broad range of individual needs. Modern Health empowers employers to lead the charge in helping their employees be less stressed, more engaged, and happier through evidence-based technology and professional support. Modern Health has raised over $170M from top investors Battery Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, and John Doerr and supports over 200 companies globally including Lyft, Pixar, SoFi, Credit Karma, Electronic Arts, Cooley, and Okta.