Product Marketing Manager at Modern Treasury
About the role
Modern Treasury is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to help us scale our go-to-market strategy and execution at a critical juncture for the company.
Product Marketing at Modern Treasury is highly cross-functional, working closely with Product, Sales, Customer Success and Growth across the entire product lifecycle, from product conception to launch and adoption. In this role, you will own positioning, product launches, sales enablement, competitive analysis and customer marketing by becoming a subject-matter expert on our products and core target personas to help us build a category-defining business.
We are looking for someone that can develop a strong functional understanding about our products and the payments space overall. You should also be genuinely curious about SaaS and payments business models. You’re comfortable operating at different levels of detail and are a persuasive communicator with the ability to write thoughtful, specific and detailed copy (bonus points if you’re allergic to buzzwords and jargon).
While our products are technical, this role doesn’t require a technical background. We are open to finding the right person for the role, so show us where you shine.
Above all, we are looking for an individual with a winning mix of curiosity and creativity; genuine interest in becoming an expert on technical products; comfort managing multiple concurrent projects; a love of writing; ability to flourish in an ambiguous and fast-paced startup environment; and wholehearted empathy for our customers and their users.
Take a look at this video https://www.loom.com/share/4be131050b3347569ca51905475b24aa to hear about the role directly from the hiring manager!
ABOUT MODERN TREASURY
Modern Treasury builds payment operations solutions. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through a web application and APIs. Our platform powers some of the most innovative companies in the world like Gusto, Marqueta, BlockFi and Pipe, reconciling more than $2 billion in payments each month.
Payment operations is at the core of every business, and reliable payments infrastructure is critical to our customers’ success. We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.
WEEK BY WEEK
During your first week you will:
- Onboard with our team.
- Start learning our product inside out and backwards.
- Develop an understanding of our three key customer personas.
- Read our favorite industry primers.
- Build an understanding of our customers and go-to-market motion.
During your first six weeks you will:
- Develop a detailed understanding of Modern Treasury products.
- Go deep on our messaging, positioning and pricing.
- Shadow customer calls with our sales and bank partnerships teams.
- Explore key use cases of the Modern Treasury platform.
- Work with the team to define your onboarding project.
- Write your first articles for the Journal and Learn.
- Complete your first competitive deep dive.
- Ship your first sales enablement assets.
During your first six months you will:
- Become an expert on our value proposition and the competitive landscape.
- Own use case marketing by diving deep into Modern Treasury use cases with first and second-party research.
- Take over customer marketing to ship case studies and other assets that showcase how customers use Modern Treasury.
- Create and own your first growth experiments to drive top of funnel traffic.
- Deliver sales enablement content and programs.
- Write copy for the website and create mid-funnel content like customer case studies and guides.
- Run your first end-to-end product launch.
- Contribute to category and brand awareness campaigns.
- Work with the Product Marketing team to continuously refine our positioning, pricing and packaging.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience spanning marketing, product marketing, product management or sales engineering.
- Experience working on go-to-market for a B2B software company.
- BA or BS required.
Modern Treasury is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment opportunities or practices based on an individual's race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), natural hair, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Why you should join Modern Treasury
Modern Treasury builds payments operations solutions. We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.
We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.