Payments Advisor [SDR] at Modern Treasury
About the role
We are looking for a Payment Advisor to join our Sales team, operating in a sales development representative capacity. In this role, you will play an integral role in our Sales motion, including managing inbound leads, building relationships with and qualifying prospects, and driving outbound sales campaigns.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable in a multi-party and consultative sales process, engaging in both business and technical conversations across multiple levels of an organization including C-Suite, controllers, product and engineering. Our ideal candidate will enjoy developing a deep understanding of Modern Treasury’s platform and advising prospects on Modern Treasury’s value proposition across technical, product and business dimensions.
As part of your role, you will work closely with stakeholders across our Growth and Sales organizations, as well as working with external advisors, partners and software providers as needed. As one of the first members of Modern Treasury’s sales organization, you will have a unique opportunity to help establish team culture and drive our sales process and go-to-market strategy.
We are looking for an individual with a winning combination of creative and analytical energy; ability to flourish in a fast-paced startup environment; demonstrated ability to communicate technical products; innate curiosity and drive with regards to further accelerating our sales motion; and wholehearted empathy for prospects and their users.
ABOUT MODERN TREASURY
Modern Treasury builds payment operations solutions. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.
We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.
WEEK BY WEEK
During your first week you will:
- Onboard with our team
- Develop an understanding of our customers and user types
- Read our favorite industry primers
- Review supporting collateral for use in our sales cycle
- Develop an understanding of our brand positioning, sales process and customer engagement
- Familiarize yourself with our infrastructure and tooling
During your first six weeks you will:
- Join prospect and customer conversations to better understand our value proposition, buyer personas and product-market fit
- Become a master in our app and API
- Lead your first qualification calls
- Contribute to launching our outbound sales motion
During your first six months you will:
- Independently prioritize, manage and develop your pipeline
- Iterate and improve on our outbound sales motion
- Contribute to team projects oriented towards further refining our sales process
- Communicate customer needs and requirements to our Product, Growth and Sales teams to inform our product roadmap and competitive positioning
- Collaborate with our Growth team in iterating our go to market strategy
- 2+ years of prior experience as a sales development representative
- Ability to understand Modern Treasury’s API and clearly communicate Modern Treasury’s value proposition in both technical and business terms
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, prospect qualification and pipeline development
- Superior verbal and written communication, presentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, including enthusiasm for pinch-hitting beyond defined roles as needed
- BA or BS required
Modern Treasury is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment opportunities or practices based on an individual's race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), natural hair, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Why you should join Modern Treasury
Modern Treasury builds payments operations solutions. We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.
We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.