Sales Operations Manager at Modern Treasury
About the role
We’re looking for a Sales Operations Manager to join our Sales team. In this role, you will play an integral role in developing our sales infrastructure: processes, systems, training and reporting that will drive Modern Treasury’s continued momentum and payments operations leadership.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about driving operational excellence and enabling team success. You will be critical to our efforts to scale and further refine our sales motion, with the ultimate goal of providing leverage for our sales team. You will do so through identifying opportunities in our process, integrating additional software tooling, refining our reporting and tracking functionality, identifying and propagating sales best practices, collaborating with our growth teams in developing and updating sales collateral, and implementing replicable and scalable training regimens for new sales hires.
As part of your role, you will work closely with stakeholders across our Growth, Sales, Product and Customer Success organizations, as well as working with external advisors, partners and software providers as needed.
We are looking for an individual with a winning mix of creative and analytical energy; a detail-oriented metrics driven mindset; comfort working across multiple concurrent stakeholders and workstreams; innate curiosity and drive on ways to make our sales team more effective while providing our prospects a stellar buying experience; willingness to dive deep into technical concepts; ability to flourish in a fast-paced startup environment; and wholehearted empathy for our customers and their users.
ABOUT MODERN TREASURY
Modern Treasury builds payment operations solutions. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.
We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.
WEEK BY WEEK
During your first week you will:
- Onboard with our team
- Develop an understanding of our customers and user types
- Read our favorite industry primers
- Become a master in our app and API
- Build an understanding of our brand positioning, sales process, customer stories and programs that are on-brand for Modern Treasury
- Familiarize yourself with our infrastructure and tooling
During your first six weeks you will:
- Join prospect and customer conversations to better understand our value proposition, buyer personas and product-market fit. You will learn the business and refine the way we measure success.
- Identify and evaluate additional software tools for use in our sales motion
- Refine tracking and reporting functionality for usage across the Sales organization
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders on the development of supporting sales collateral
- Manage the launch of our outbound sales motion
- Refine our inbound sales motion
During your first six months you will:
- Optimize Sales organization software infrastructure and tooling: Hubspot, Outreach, Gong, etc.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration and coordination on Sales-related initiatives
- Identify and institutionalize Sales best practices
- Refine training regimen for use by future Sales hires
- Up level operational integrity by training new and existing field teams to utilize our systems in the best way to deliver insights
- Establish and drive Sales forecasting capabilities
- Own Sales team compensation metrics
- Find opportunities to invest in our sales process and work together with Sales leadership in our Quarterly and Annual Planning exercise.
- 3-5 years prior experience in sales operations
- Demonstrated ability to own analytical workstreams from scoping/success definition to presentation
- Experience managing a portfolio of independent projects and multiple outside partners
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and lead new workstreams while iterating
- BA or BS required
Modern Treasury is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment opportunities or practices based on an individual's race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), natural hair, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Why you should join Modern Treasury
Modern Treasury builds payments operations solutions. We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.
We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.