Bank Partnerships at Modern Treasury
About the role
Modern Treasury is hiring a Bank Partnerships Manager to join our Partnerships team. In this role you will build deep relationships with our bank partners. You will develop an understanding of their goals, target customers, capabilities and internal organization with the objective of improving cross company collaboration. We currently have over a dozen bank partners including Silicon Valley Bank, JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, First Republic Bank and Royal Bank of Canada. See all of our bank partners here
We are looking for someone who understands how channel partnerships can be a source of growth both for banks and Modern Treasury and a net win for both prospects and customers who experience the benefits of a more seamless onboarding experience and richer product set.
Banks are both a key distribution channel for Modern Treasury and core to the value that Modern Treasury provides to customers. You will be essential to our bank partners' understanding of our value to them and their customers, making Modern Treasury top of mind both for their business development and business teams.
We are looking for an individual with the winning mix of relationship building and attention to detail; natural collaborators with experience building fruitful, long term relationships; experience owning and managing multiple concurrent relationships with partners; demonstrated ability to communicate with and present to a diverse set of technical, sales and executive teams; willingness to work on hands on day to day management of partner relationships; ability to flourish in a fast-paced startup environment; and wholehearted empathy for banks, our customers and their users.
ABOUT MODERN TREASURY
Modern Treasury builds payment operations solutions. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.
WEEK BY WEEK
During your first week you will:
- Onboard with our team
- Develop an understanding of our customers and our products
- Read our favorite industry primers
- Build an understanding of our brand positioning, sales process, and customer stories
- Build an understanding of how we integrate with banks and how banks benefit from Modern Treasury.
During your first 6 weeks you will:
- Map out current status of relationships with bank partners
- Get introduced and take over ongoing relationships with banks.
- Go deep into bank capabilities, organizational structure and opportunities for each partner bank.
- Write your first blog post
- Run first training to bank sales and product teams on the value that Modern Treasury brings to them and their customers.
- Develop a regular cadence of engaging with each bank partner.
During your first six months you will:
- Sign your first Bank Partnership
- Shepherd your first customer referrals from banks
- Develop content strategy focused on banks (case studies, why Modern Treasury, landing pages, etc).
- Develop bank partnership playbook from initial integration to “successful bank Integration”
- Keep learning! Brainstorm and bring to life new product integrations and faster customer onboarding strategies. Some examples of initiatives are: Add new payment methods such as “real time payments” or “push to card” or implement a shorter testing period for all MT customers at a given bank that enables joint customers to go live faster.
3-5 years of experience in consulting, investing or business development roles.
BA or BS required
Modern Treasury is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment opportunities or practices based on an individual's race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), natural hair, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Why you should join Modern Treasury
Modern Treasury builds payments operations solutions. We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.
We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.