Automation Engineer at Moichor
About the role
Moichor is a passionate team of biologists, engineers, and clinical pathologists dedicated to disrupting animal medical diagnostics. Our team is building AI solutions to provide faster, more precise, and insightful information for veterinarians in assessing their patients. We are a well-funded startup backed by Y-Combinator and other reputable institutions.
Our growing team is looking to add a Clinical Laboratory Automation Engineer to automate workflows in the diagnostic lab
Job Title ● Clinical Laboratory Automation Engineer
What you will work on
● Deploy and manage Laboratory Information System and setup connectivity for lab instrumentations
● Develop, iterate, and deploy automation scripts and software solution to automate workflows, improve quality
control, and functionality of laboratory equipments
● Communicate, and formalize technical requirements for automated workflows in the laboratory with clinical operation managers
● Be a conduit between the Product team and Laboratory team to identify, develop, and integrate solutions into product and lab workflows.
● Documenting and monitoring the deployment of automation software in the laboratory to ensure the efficacy and troubleshoot automation workflows with lab personnel
Technical Qualifications ● Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Bioinformatics or related fields. Degrees in other fields are acceptable if the candidate has demonstrated a strong background in programming, automation, and logic. ● Ideal candidates would possess 3+ years of experience in ● Setting up and/or working with modern Lab Information Systems ● Setting up and/or scripting any lab automation platform (Benchling, vWorks, etc..) ● Educational and/or working knowledge of any Relational Database dialect (mySQL, postgreSQL, etc) ● Familiarity with software development workflow is desirable but not required. ● Familiarity in clinical laboratory work is highly desirable but not required
Desired technical communication skills ● This position comes with the duty of writing and presenting concise technical documentation such as for Laboratory software user manual, troubleshooting guides, among others. We are looking for a team player who works and collaborates across teams.
The Benefits ● Competitive Compensation ● Full Coverage Medical and Dental/Vision Benefits ● Generous PTO policy ● Great company culture/events ● Comprehensive snacks and drinks offered
Why you should join Moichor
Moichor is a team of biologists and data scientists building AI-powered software to provide veterinary clinics with actionable insights.