UI/UX Designer - Contract at Mozart Data
About the role
We are looking for a savvy and creative UI/UX designer to work with our engineering team in designing and building our core data platform product.
Who we are: Mozart Data automates most of the work data engineers and data scientists traditionally do to spin up and run a modern data stack. For each of our customers, we manage a (Snowflake) data warehouse, build and maintain ETL pipelines, and provide an easy-to-use interface for building and scheduling data transformations, monitoring and visualizing pipelines, and cataloging and organizing their data.
In this role you will:
- Build a design system of Mozart themed components and page layouts so engineers can build low traffic pages with relatively little designer support.
- Make bespoke designs for high value pages.
- Work with engineers to incrementally convert a vanilla bootstrap site into something people want to stare at all day.
- Have a large impact on all the new features we are planning to build.
- Audit our existing site to make sure it follows UX best practices.
- Improve our onboarding experience so users understand how to use the product quicker and get to their “ah ha” moment sooner. Bonus points for expertise in: Mozart’s product philosophy is to make complex processes simple; however, some of our pages have very dense information such as code editors and spreadsheet-like tables. Being able to hop between simple, clean UI and information dense layouts designed for power users is a must.
Teams have hundreds of tables and other objects and it can be hard to find what you are looking for in the haystack. We want a candidate that is opinionated about how search and arrangement patterns like folders and tags should work.
Expertise in data visualization is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and across multiple teams
Why you should join Mozart Data
We're bringing the power of a large data team to everyone, building an easy-to-use application for ingesting data from any source into a managed data-warehouse, exploring and annotating that data, scheduling SQL transformations, and exporting data to BI tools or other systems.