Head of Web Graphics Engineering at Muse
About the role
Apply now Remote, United States
Muse allows anyone to build 3D websites that feel like immersive virtual worlds. We do this using our no-code editor which is similar to Squarespace. Our creators have built and published over 1000 3D websites ranging from NFT galleries, clothing stores, and even birthday cards. Popular creators using Muse include the Creature World project, A$AP Rocky, Chad Knight, and Kaskade.
Muse was founded in August 2020 and is backed by Y-Combinator.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, build, and implement early core features to our no-code editor and templates
- Design, build, implement, and maintain internal graphics tools and infrastructure to be efficient, extensible, and easy to use
- Collaborate with both engineers and artists to solve complex technical problems and empower content creators
- Work autonomously to diagnose and solve runtime issues and performance bottlenecks across the company
- Drive large projects with multiple developers, making sure the team delivers quality features on time and on budget
- Provide critical feedback to artists and developers on content implementation best practices
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional games development experience
- Comfortable debugging, profiling, and optimizing both CPU and GPU
- Solid understanding of 3D math and modern graphics hardware
- Strong understanding of content authoring, implementation, and optimization best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of diagnosing and solving performance issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Experience with WebGL or Three.JS
- Broad cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., scripting, shaders, modeling, level design, optimization, character rigging, and content tools)
- Experience working with virtual reality technologies (e.g., PSVR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience with mobile platform (iOS, Android) or consoles (Xbox, Playstation)
- Experience or Knowledge of Blender and/or Cinema 4D plugins and tools
Why you should join Muse
Muse allows anyone to build 3D websites that feel like immersive virtual worlds using our no-code editor and library of templates. Our creators have built and published over 1000 3D websites ranging from NFT galleries, clothing stores, and even happy birthday cards. Popular creators using Muse include the Creature World project, A$AP Rocky, Chad Knight, and Kaskade.
Muse was founded in August 2020 and is backed by Y Combinator and Index Ventures.