Full Stack Software Engineer
About the role
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for an ambitious software developer to join our engineering team. You will build, test, and ship software across the stack; from browser clients to render personalized web experiences, to performant APIs to distribute data in real-time, to high-throughput data pipelines for ingesting user data. As an early engineer, you will define the architecture of our core systems, own products from infrastructure to UX, and work closely with the CTO to set the tone for the engineering culture. This role is particularly suited for engineers interested in building scalable web infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Architect, build, test, and ship highly-available services that deliver personalization at scale.
- Use machine learning to automate segmentation and provide relevant recommendations
- Use data to support product decisions and prioritize the right projects for the team
- Use the right language and framework for the challenge at hand. Currently we have services in Ruby and TypeScript, and are open to expanding our stack to best address our engineering challenges
- Build great user experiences that allow customers to easily understand powerful data tools
- Own product decisions end-to-end and bring structure to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in a web development or infrastructure position.
- Fluency in a backend programming language such as Python, Ruby, Golang or Scala.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other relational database, and an understanding of database performance.
- Advocate of automated testing. We always include a full suite of tests for a feature to verify and future proof our code.
- A proponent of diverse and inclusive engineering cultures, and a commitment to fostering such an environment.
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
Why you should join Mutiny
Here at Mutiny, we are building a privacy-first data layer and experience delivery system that automates 80% of growth engineering, so companies can focus on engaging their customers. Our system ingests over 10M events a day, feeds online machine learning pipelines in real time, and empowers growth teams with a platform to deliver great customer experiences. Fast growing early adopters, including Brex, Segment and Carta, have doubled their leads using Mutiny.