Content and Community at Mutiny
About the role
Marketers have a problem. For the last decade, they obsessed over getting traffic to their website. Now that they've mastered that piece of the puzzle, the real challenge begins: converting those visitors into revenue.
Mutiny solves every company's most important challenge: growth. We provide a no-code platform to help marketers create engaging, personalized experiences that convert demand into revenue.
Website personalization is only our jumping off point. Our ambition is to ultimately help every company in the world to automate their growth engineering across their entire digital buying experience from the website, to ads, to emails, to every piece of content in between.
We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Sequoia, Y Combinator, Cowboy Ventures (Branch, Crunchbase, ProductHunt) and Uncork Capital (Postmates, Intercom, Sendgrid, Front, Eventbrite), and CMOs from companies like Snowflake, Salesforce, Gong, Hopin, and others.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for a storyteller and community builder who loves marketing. The category of conversion is new and few people know how to transition from generic content to personalized experiences that convert. You will establish Mutiny as the authoritative voice on conversion and modern growth marketing, and in the process, build a community of top growth marketers who live, breathe, and share their conversion wins. From our stance on b2b marketing, to conversion secrets and case studies, to managing our social media presence and eventually our own podcast show and books -- your content will inspire hundreds of thousands of marketers around the globe to create compelling personalized experiences for their customers.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Build a content program that helps millions of growth marketers discover Mutiny and learn how to apply personalization, including blog posts on personalization and growth best practices, case studies, in depth guides, podcast series and much more!
- Distribute this content to the marketing community (via our newsletter, PR, social, and other channels). We’ll make sure you have enough focus in a given quarter to accomplish big things, but you can definitely expect a good amount of diversity and learning new skills.
- Be an ambassador for our brand and company values, including making sure that our external content is on brand -- clear, spicy, uncomplicated.
- Stay on top of the latest and greatest in website user experience and personalization across b2c and b2b. Bring those ideas back to our customers and product team to implement.
- Take risks! This role is a hybrid of content and community marketing with a wide scope of impact. Have fun. Try new things. Stand out!
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of content or product marketing. Bonus points for experience building communities or user groups. Someone who loves writing and is extremely good at editing and crafting stories. If it takes a lot of energy and focus for you to sit down and write something compelling, you probably won’t be happy in this role.
- A writing style that is clear and concise, and has humor and spice ;) We want Mutiny content to be fun and engaging -- whether it’s a blog post, a data report or a podcast.
- A creative thinker who is quick on their feet and can pull things together in a scrappy way. We are a small team that moves fast so you’ll need to be a self-starter.
- Strong execution and project management skills. Can stay organized and keep the trains running on time to hit goals.
- A willingness to learn about the technical/analytical side of acquisition/SEO. We are willing to teach you if you are excited to learn.
- Genuine empathy for the art of marketing and growth.
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
- Someone who is unafraid to experiment because they know that if you shoot for the stars, the worst that can happen is you will land on the moon.
What we stand for:
We believe that diverse teams have the biggest impact. Our founding team is 50% female and 50% male. We have maintained this same diversity ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
In addition to diversity, these values define how we approach our work every single day:
Work should feel like play Faster always wins Stir the pot, regularly Do the right thing when no one’s watching All hands on deck
Why you should join Mutiny
Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today’s fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.