Infrastructure Engineer at Mutiny
About the role
Mutiny is a no-code platform that uses AI to help companies convert their top of funnel demand (e.g. website visitors) into customers through personalized experiences. Companies spend over 20% of their revenue to drive traffic to their website, but marketers are blocked on engineering when trying to convert this demand. Mutiny solves this with a real-time data layer about a company's prospects, powerful AI to automatically write optimized content, and no-code experience delivery to engage customers across all channels.
We started Mutiny by first codifying what type of company and culture we wanted to build. These values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the pot, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
- Read more about our engineering values here.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking to bring on our first infrastructure engineer to join our growing engineering team. Manage and scale a platform that the fastest growing companies in the world depend on to deliver personalization. You will work closely with product teams to create a platform that meets customers needs and scales as we grow the engineering team. Create secure systems that will ensure Mutiny remains SOC II compliant. Build infrastructure that will power machine learning pipelines and high throughput APIs. Help the engineering team scale our usage of our primary data sources, PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Develop and own the platform underlying all Mutiny products, including critical high-scale systems.
- Spearhead and architect our move from an automated platform to AWS.
- Secure infrastructure using industry best practices and work closely with our CTO to uphold our SOC II compliance.
- Work with product engineering teams to determine the best way to meet customer needs.
- Design, build, and maintain large-scale services, machine learning pipelines and asynchronous job processors.
- Maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform to ensure all changes are auditable.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as an infrastructure engineer for a web platform.
- Fluency in a backend programming language of choice (e.g. Python, Ruby, Node, Scala, etc).
- Familiarity maintaining and optimizing PostgreSQL or other relational database.
- Experience with modern infrastructure tooling, e.g. container orchestration, cloud providers, and infrastructure as code tools.
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
Why you should join Mutiny
Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, YCombinator and CMOs from some of today’s fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.