ETL BI Engineer at Netomi
About the role
Netomi is building the future of customer service automation. Our artificial intelligence platform gives companies the ability to deliver an experience that both delights consumers and turns customer service into a competitive advantage. We believe that through combining the efficiency and precision of AI with the empathy and creativity of a human touch, companies can truly build long-lasting and meaningful relationships with their customers.
Both Y-Combinator and VC-backed, Netomi’s clients include Fortune 1,000 companies with multiple stakeholders across marketing, customer service, and product organizations – and we’re growing!
Netomi is seeking a highly analytical and detail-oriented candidate to join the Analytics team in Gurugram. As part of the team, you will work with product, engineering, and customer success teams to drive complex data and trend analyses to propose ways to improve and, thereby contributing to improve the experience. You will also be responsible for benchmarking and measuring the performance of various product operations projects, building and publishing detailed scorecards and reports, identifying and driving new opportunities based on customer and business data.
We are looking for an ETL BI Engineer with a passion for using data to discover and solve real-world problems. You will enjoy working with rich data sets, modern business intelligence technology, and the ability to see your insights drive the features for our customers. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of policies, processes, and tools to address product quality challenges in collaboration with teams.
- Build and maintain recurring metrics and reports
- Complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using relational databases, Excel, and other data management systems.
- Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives.
- Help develop requirements and specifications with business and development teams
- Communicate insights to key stakeholders
- Dive deep to solve unstructured/ambiguous problems including discovering unknown issues that can influence the product and policy roadmap
- Automate the report generation process through the use of BI tools and programming techniques: such as SQL, DW concepts
- Consolidate information into cohesive and insightful analytical reports for use in decision-making. Design and generate high quality and impactful BI reports that drive value and process efficiency
- Mine DW / BI platforms to fetch raw data and analyze it to prepare insightful statistical reports
- Track and documents changes in functional and business specifications to accurately identify and measure KPIs
- Write detailed procedures for BI reporting processes and use in training
- Technical:BA/B. E./B. Tech/MBA/MS/M Tech in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Proficiency in SQL and Advanced Excel (Array and Statistical formulas)
- Knowledge of BI & statistical tools such as SAS, SQL & ETL DW concepts
- Understanding of visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Datazen, SSRS is a plus
- 3 Years of Experience with modern Data warehousing solutions such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake, GCP BigQuery
- Good knowledge of Python, R, and ML modeling
- Strong Analytical skills – can ask the right questions, analyze data, concludes by making appropriate assumptions
- Organization skills – demonstrated ability to work independently to make complex investigations
- Communication skills – ability to communicate (written and spoken) in English
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple plain stories
- Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data
- Work effectively & independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to engage with cross-functional teams for implementation of project/program requirements
- Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience in modeling complex business scenarios
An ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about discovering and solving complicated problems, learning complex systems, working with numbers, and organizing and communicating data and reports. You will also be passionate about helping the team make great decisions based on data, possess exceptional skills in project management and data reporting, and be interested in the customer service industry. You will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
Candidates must be successful both as individual contributors and in a team environment and must be obsessed with serving the customer. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a deadline-driven work environment.
Why you should join Netomi
Netomi's AI enables self-driving customer care for companies like HP, Westjet, Singtel and more. By autonomously resolving over 70% of support tickets on email, chat, messaging, social and voice, companies using Netomi reduce support costs, boost customer happiness, enhance agent productivity and automate up-sell.