Software Engineer at Neuro
About the role
At Neuro we’ve built the API for serverless ML compute. We abstract the entire infrastructure required to efficiently train and deploy your models so that ML engineers can focus on ML, not servers. We’re building a strong engineering team and are at an important inflection point. Engineers are responsible for developing our application in accordance with our roadmap and customer needs, and for designing and implementing robust and scalable development practices. Engineers will set the direction of our product, culture and company.
As a software engineer
You’ll be involved in all aspects of the development and performance of our API. From our python client, integrating into the wider MLOps landscape, building tools to optimise internal performance through to improving and maintaining the infrastructure that handles the API requests. You will guide the direction of Neuro's API to meet the MLOps community requirements.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field;
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience;
- Experience programming in Python;
- Experience with designing high-performing, reliable, and scalable backend systems. We are looking for engineers that can own a feature from start to finish;
- Experience working with cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.); and
- The existing right to work in the UK.
Not essential but nice to have
- Experience with products in the cloud infrastructure and MLOps landscape;
- Experience with PyTorch, Tensorflow and other deep learning and classical ML frameworks;
- Experience with building large scale data pipelines (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, etc.);
- Experience contributing to open source projects and/or related communities; and
- Experience with software security and data sensitive applications.
- Competitive salary;
- Equity compensation;
- Huge impact, as an early-stage startup your daily work will have a direct impact in the company's success;
- Whatever you want to learn about, we'll make it happen;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Flexible work-hours; and
- The job is onsite at our lovely offices in Bath.
Why you should join Neuro
We’re building a strong software engineering team and are at an important inflection point. As early members or our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for developing the early versions of our application, designing and implementing robust and scalable development practices and will help set the direction of our product, culture and company.