Monitoring & Results Measurement Manager at New Story
About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE
At New Story, we're pioneering solutions to end global homelessness. Building differently is in our DNA. We’ve now built 26 holistic communities in four countries. In nearly all of them, we’ve experimented with new housing solutions. As part of our expansion we are starting to experiment through a market system approach. To ensure we’re properly evaluating our market driven interventions in partnership with local actors and capturing quality learnings, we’re looking for a Monitoring & Results Measurement Manager to help us build, implement, and oversee a monitoring and results measurement (MRM) system for our Market Systems Development projects and team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement New Story’s results measurement framework including (but not not limited to) its data analytics and research frameworks, monitoring and evaluation processes, reporting processes, communication frameworks for market systems interventions
Identify and establish suitable key performance indicators for New Story’s Market Systems Development projects and establish an appropriate cadence for project reviews and reporting of results e.g. quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reviews.
Compile data and share as actionable insights with the team and relevant stakeholders.
Ensure adherence to legal regulation, industry standards, and organizational policies, etc.
Support Department Director in mentoring and guiding team in MRM best practices and put in place strategies for hiring and training the team
Liaise with the Department Director to identify gaps in MRM systems on an ongoing basis and advise on best practices to solve for gaps
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate MRM activities and information across the New Story portfolio of market systems partners.
Build capacity of project technical staff and partners in monitoring results and in capturing learning, working with them to develop and update detailed results chains for their respective interventions
Lead regular project reviews and reporting of results, particularly quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reviews
Support intervention managers and technical staff in the development and review of concept notes, scopes of work, partner intervention project plans, TOCs and results chains, and results measurement frameworks for interventions with private sector actors within their market sectors
Work with the Intervention Managers in the design of effective research tools, methods and plans for gathering information that can inform program strategies and capture intervention results from each partner
Support Intervention Managers in gathering relevant information for their various interventions, identifying knowledge gaps, and developing strategies to fill those gaps
Contribute to program strategies by providing data on intervention performance in a timely and accurate manner
Analyze data sets in conjunction with Team Lead and Intervention Managers and implementing teams to ensure accurate and coherent results are collected across market systems interventions
Provide feedback on reports and data analysis to facilitate the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to donor reports
Manage staff and contractors in relation to MRM-initiated activities, including short-term advisors, media consultants and part-time data collectors
WHO YOU ARE
Master’s degree (M.A, M.S) in evaluation, social sciences, international development, economics, or related discipline required with 5+ years of experience
Understanding of the DCED Standard for Results Measurement required, experience using the standard preferred
Previous experience with and demonstrated understanding of on the groundwork in market-based development
Previous experience in implementing MMW4P, value chain development and/or private sector development programs highly desired
Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods, tools, and approaches highly desired
Experience with data collection and survey development is highly desired
Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and softwareSpanish and English fluency is required
Knowledge and experience of affordable housing programs is a plus
You’re innovative and results-oriented. You demonstrate creativity in designing practical and useful monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
You make quality decisions. You have the ability to make decisions based on a mixture of analysis, evidence, and experience.
You are flexible. You have the ability to accept the unexpected and adjust to what the situation now requires rather than what was planned.
You love data. Your superpower is taking a lot of information and boiling it down to its most pertinent form to inform decisions and changes in strategy.
You’re a strong communicator. Not only do you love data, you love using it to tell a clear and concise story that inspires action.
You’re a self-starter. You don’t need to be told what to do next. You’re not slowed by a lack of answers. Driven by your love of research and learning, you’re always pursuing a project or task that is making you or us better.
You’ve mission-driven. You’re driven by something bigger than yourself. Whether that’s the international development sector (i.e. working in developing countries that support low income populations) or something else, your passion for your work is fueled by hope and desire to make an impact.
About New Story
We pioneer solutions to end global homelessness. We work with local organizations around the world to build successful, thriving communities, and we are fully committed to researching and developing new ways of building better and faster. We’re a young team based in Atlanta and San Francisco. Usually, you can find us drinking coffee or bubble tea and eating churros wherever we can find them.
About Our Culture
Culture is #1 for us. We invest significant time, focus, and resources to building the best environment possible. Why? Over the course of the year we spend a large chunk of our time at work. So at New Story, we want our team to find fulfillment, autonomy, mastery, and joy at work. A workplace where you can bring your whole self.
At New Story, you can expect to find a culture that reflects our values:
• Humble Pursuit Of Excellence. A combination of personal humility and intense professional will.
• Express Gratitude and Empathy. How would you like to be treated? That’s how we strive to treat others. Always go above and beyond to do for others what you'd like them to do for you.
• Improve Through Learning and Feedback. Learn why something worked or didn't work, then implement the learning into future actions.
• Team of Founders. An extreme ownership mindset where you see a problem, take action, and go above and beyond to help the team.
• Think Big, Breakdown, and Execute. Set big measurable goals, formulate a plan, then execute the plan with relentless focus.
• Simplify. Do more with less. This applies to everything: marketing, design, team meetings, writing, operations, and beyond.
You'll find our benefits are aimed at supporting a full and healthy lifestyle in all areas of life.
• Full Healthcare. We believe in thriving communities and that starts with our team being happy and healthy. We offer a generous health insurance, dental, and vision care package along side a monthly fitness stipend, so you can invest in your own wellness and health.
• Unlimited Vacation after the 1st Year. We believe you should have a flexible schedule that makes space for family, wellness, and fun. For the first 12 months, you'll have 12 days PTO and paid holidays. After that year, you can enjoy an unlimited vacation policy.
• 401k Investment Plan. New Story offers 401k investment plan so you can save money for the long-term.
• Trip to the Field. It’s amazing to meet the families we help and see the homes up close and personal. You'll get to visit the work first hand in either Mexico, Haiti, or El Salvador.
• Commuter Benefits. We’re grateful for all the time and energy each team member puts into getting to work every day. For some, getting to work takes additional time and expense because of their commute, our commuter benefits policy helps to offset that.
• Maternity and Paternity Leave. Mothers are given 12 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption. Fathers can choose to take up to 4 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption. We strongly recommend mothers and fathers to take the full time.
• Adoption Reimbursement. For families who are willing to adopt, thank you! New Story will reimburse eligible team members up to $10,000 for adoption related expenses
• Team Summits. Every 6 months we have a full team summit where we have fun, reflect, and plan for the upcoming quarter. Past trips have been in Tahoe, CA and Whidbey Island, WA.
• Continuing education. We believe in always learning and leveling up our skills. Whether or not it's a conference or online course you'll find we invest in each team member so they can be the best at their craft.
A Welcoming Place for All
We know we will only succeed if we have a team who brings a wide variety of perspectives and backgrounds. Our team grew up around the world, from Turkey to Chicago to Georgia to Mexico, and we welcome all applicants, regardless of background, to apply. We work hard to create a welcoming culture of shared values and radical candor.
New Story is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. New Story makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Why you should join New Story
We pioneer solutions to address global homelessness and imagine a world where no human lives in survival mode. Watch this 2 minute video to see our journey from YC to a team of 21 building homes around the world -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lOYPMLcfHU